PERSONA 5 ROYAL PHANTASMATA teaser

The world around him was swirling , swimming and merging together like clashing waves of chaotic ocean against a thunderstorm . One second he was in a subway station , a dark and forsaken station , yet oddly clean and pristine , all alone in there . Then he found himself hanging in a cage , rust taking over the bars and the chains holding him in place . Suddenly he found himself trapped between the cramped space of the wall behind him and clean surface of a mirror , staring into an endless sea of mirrors before him , all of which were obscured by his darkened vision . The cramped space of that mirror suddenly became a coffin , which lid was slowly closing in against his own silent screams . His eyes darted around searching for escape , as the darkness continued to close in on him , but all he could see was an endless sea of numbers , with few beams of lights passing by him like lightning , suddenly and silently and not with any chance for them to light the world around him . In his hallucinations , he could hear many voices , too many to count , and they clashed and merged with each other , like a kaleidoscope of illusions piling up on each other . He could hear the voices and feel something from them , emotions , tones and feelings , but he couldn't tell what they were saying . The joyful of those voices clashed with the sad , the carefree was obscured by the anxious , and the gentle was overwhelmed by the angry of them .

" Į̴̔ ̶̛̠͗̎s̷̜̭̍̌u̷̬̤̓̆p̶̹̩͓̄̓̚p̵̧̬̯̽̀̾ͅo̶̡̪͍̞͂̉̈́s̵̝̭͈̥͝e̶͍̿̃̒ ̷̙͓͂͒̄̚t̵̮̔h̶̪̗͎̩͊̏͘ẽ̶̠͘ ̸̛̝̈́d̸͚̒̇̿̿r̸̪̂́͐̈ư̸̺ğ̷̦ ̶̢̻̋̆ͅŵ̵̛̜̲a̸͉̠̱̾̕̚s̸͕͍̤͙̈́ ̶̦͠t̶̺̮̾͋͘o̶͚̔o̷̖̱̩̿̓͜ ̴̧̛̀͌͆m̷͎̖̌̐u̴̮̯̬̼͐͘c̴̤̔͆̐͂h̶̼͑̑̍ ̵̲͍̓f̴͍̻̊̽̚̚õ̷̖̙̳͜͠r̴̬̩̯̮̈́̾ ̴̟̔h̷̳́̽i̷̮̙͐́m̷̡̼̋̾̂͋ͅ ̶̞͚̦̀...̸͙̖̟́̎͌͗ ̶͓̹̱͔̽̽ẅ̴͍̟́͑a̶̖͓̎͂͝k̷̥̈e̵̗̐ ̴̩̱̠͕͂͌̒͘h̵̖̼͈̓i̷̖͋m̵̟͇̚ͅ ̵̫͙̫̊̆̊͜͝ȕ̸̫p̷̢̺̑͊͊ ̴̯̜̰̍...̷̬̳̄͋͑̌ͅ ̵̡̈́̉!̵̝̮̦̮͝ "

That was the last sentence he heard , before a sudden sense of coldness snapped him out of it . He woke up , feeling a shiver from his head to his chest . He was splashed with water , maybe that was what woke him up . As his eyes began adjusting to the world around him , and as his mind familiarized itself with what was suddenly a constant world , as opposed to his previously continuous hallucinations , his dazed eyes could make out the presence of a syringe against the grey floor in the very dim room .

Drugged ... ? He thought to himself

He was quickly regaining his sense of surroundings , but he still felt lost and confused . The room was dim , but he could see that there were three men in the room with him . They were dressed in black suits , two of them were wearing dark glasses , while the third kept his eyes visible , staring down at him in disgust and contempt .

" t̶̬͌h̷̝͘ï̶̩s̶̼̕ ̴͙̊ẁ̶͉h̷̞̾ọ̵͐l̷̹̿e̶̖̅ ̷̰̌t̴̲̿ḧ̶͙i̷̜̽ǹ̸̮ģ̷͑ ̶̩͋...̶͝ͅ ̴̲͆ȉ̶͇s̶͉̀ ̶̫͒ḿ̸̘ä̵͈́s̴͓̀t̴͚̾e̶̞͛r̶̠͝m̵̮̅ì̸͈n̷͓̒d̷̝͊ẹ̶̓ḏ̵̿ ̷̨̏b̴̦̊ȳ̷̺ ̴͑͜à̷̢ ̷͍̑k̸̦̂ĭ̴̺d̷̗͑ ̶̫̃...̶̬͆ " the man without glasses scoffed " w̴e̸l̷l̷ ̴,̷ ̷i̶t̸ ̶w̸a̶s̷ ̸o̵n̷l̸y̷ ̷t̷h̵a̵n̸k̸s̵ ̵t̶o̸ ̶y̴o̷u̶r̷ ̷t̶e̷a̸m̴m̴a̷t̵e̸s̸ ̵t̷h̴a̴t̴ ̵w̶e̷ ̸c̸a̷p̵t̷u̵r̸e̴d̶ ̸y̴o̷u̵ ... you were sold out "

" they ... wouldn't ... " he mumbled , barely having the mental strength to respond . He tried to stand up and face them , but was alarmed by how his hand were chained to the chair behind him , he could feel the solid and cruel metallic grip of the cuffs against his wrist .

" you still don't get it , do you ? " the man scoffed , before kicking him in the waist , knocking him down along with the chair

By then , he was fully awake . He could clearly see the room around him , and with that he could see several security cameras , they were all focused on him . The man noticed him staring at the camera , so he clutched him by the hair on his scalp , tauntingly asking him if he thought it was going help him as evidence of their abuse . He was now aware of his situation , and who those people were , so he remained silent , which infuriated the man who kicked him in the waist once again . The man walked away from him , coming back with a paper bound to a clipboard with one black clip .

" obstruction of justice ... blackmail ... defamation ... illegal possession of weapons ... and even manslaughter ... "

The man approached him , another man walked behind him and unlocked his handcuffs . He looked at the man before him , who offered him the paper and a silver pen , telling him to sign it . He tried to read it , but he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head just by trying to focus on the letters . Even trying to reach out for the pen was difficult , for even though he was now aware of his surroundings , his body was still rigid and weak . With some effort , he managed to take the paper and sign it ...

᥅ꫀꪀ ꪖꪑꪖꪑ꠸ꪗꪖ

" it's a confession under your name ... " the man said " don't expect to walk out of here in one piece ... we'll make you feel the consequences of your actions ... ! "

All of a sudden , and without warning , Ren stabbed the tip of the pen in the knee of the man before him . He quickly used what strength he had in his body to shove him out of the way , his eyes darting toward the exit , he quickly tried to reach out for it . Alas , his legs failed him and he stumbled forward , by then the other two men had encircled him , both punching and kicking him until he was lying on the ground in pain . Just as they were going to hit him again , he let out a bloody scream , causing them to stand back in fear . He knew that he was too weak to escape them , he knew that there were too many of him and he was all alone , but he wasn't scared ...

" hehehe ... AHAHAHA !!! You're all so pathetic , you know that ?! " even in that state , he still laughed loudly " even when I'm this weak , even when you're already winning , you're still scared of me "

" what ... ? "

" it's because you know ... isn't it ... " Ren said , as he slowly stood back up , his eyes had regained some of their gleam , and a confident smile was now adorning his bruised face " you know that even in this state , I'm still much stronger and infinitely more terrifying than you can ever be ! "

Oh yeah , baby ! Finally I started playing Persona 5 Royal ! This game needed only few minutes to capture my heart , and it's now my favorite Persona game ever! Unfortunately , I can only keep up with two long fanfictions at once , and even then t...

Oh yeah , baby ! Finally I started playing Persona 5 Royal ! This game needed only few minutes to capture my heart , and it's now my favorite Persona game ever! Unfortunately , I can only keep up with two long fanfictions at once , and even then that's stretching my limit too far . That's why I plan to start this project when I have some leniency in time . That's right , the very moment  I'm done with PERSONA 3 RES or PERSONA 4 MYSTERIOUS MIST if God wills , I will start this fanfiction next !

So why did I make this announcement now ? Obviously because I was too excited to tell you all that I finally started Persona 5 Royal , and that I'm loving every second of it .

What I love about it the most ... aside from ... everything ... is the protagonist himself . The series always had very lovable and expressive protagonists despite how little they say , but I think Ren Amamiya is the most fleshed out of them all , and the choices offered to him in every conversation give me an impression of him that I'm really liking so far . Before Persona 5 , my introduction to him was Persona Q2 , and I liked him there , too . You can see some of what I see in him in this teaser , but I want to save my view of him for when I start the fanfiction .

As for the name : PERSONA 5 ROYAL PHANTASMATA , it's actually the name of the group that I chose . I think it means Phantoms in Latin , but more importantly it sounds amazing , don't you think ?

I know we're all excited for this , but like I said having two fanfictions is all I can handle . So until then I hope you look forward to more updates , and stay safe .