Fantastic Fantasies - Part II

Yui and Setsuna spent the rest of the evening pretending to be ' studying ' together , and even as Setsuna tried to speak to Yui , the latter insisted on keeping silent. Despite Yui's efforts to show as calm of a demeanor as possible , her friend could see her eyes darting to the door , and then to her notebooks . She was looking at her books , but she wasn't reading them , and she certainly wasn't studying them . Her attention was overly focused on the rest of the house outside of the room , and she especially perked up when she heard footsteps ascending the stairs .

" Fuyumi-san ... what—? "

" shh ! Wait ! " Yui quickly silenced her and waited until the footsteps faded away , then she turned to her and whispered as quietly as possible " listen ... Mamoru-san ... I know you have a lot of questions , but I need you to trust me , okay ? I can't answer them now , but I promise you I'll explain everything tomorrow "

" um ... okay ? ... "

" okay , for now I need you to lock the door to my room , and sleep in my bed " Yui said , her eyes darting to Nanako sleeping peacefully in her bed , before turning back to Setsuna " look after Nanako for me , okay ? "

" what ... what do you mean ' for you ' ... ? " Setsuna pulled herself back from Yui " Fuyumi-san , you're freaking me out ! "

" I'll explain everything at school tomorrow , but I need you to trust me for now , please ! "

" I ... I trust you ... "

" okay , whatever you do , and whatever you see , don't speak of it to anyone other than me , okay ? "

After making sure that Setsuna was going along with herself , Yui left the room and took the stairs downward into the kitchen , taking extra precaution to keep her steps as quiet as possible . What she didn't account for was Setsuna following her behind , for she was still too worried to stay in the quiet room with Nanako all by herself . Setsuna peered over the entrance to the kitchen near the stairs , she could see Yui grab a kitchen knife from the drawer , then she sat in front of the old TV in the quiet rainy night .

" Dwellers Of The Mist , Show Me What I Desire ... Dwellers Of The Mist , Show Me What I Desire ... Dwellers Of The Mist , Show Me What I Desire ... "

The Mysterious Mist channel was activated again , but just as Setsuna wanted to approach Yui and ask her what she was doing , the blond girl passed through the TV head-first right before her eyes , being engulfed into the glass surface of the screen as if she was diving into a lake . Setsuna felt weak in her knees and she collapsed on the ground , barely able to support herself even while having her back against the corner . Her mind went completely blank by that impossible incident she had just witnessed , and as lightning struck and the lights went off , against her will she screamed in terror at the bottom of the stairs .

" what happened ?! " Yu called out to her from the top of the stairs

Setsuna's eyes looked at the top of the stairs in shock , there stood Yui's cousin eyeing with anxious eyes . By this point , she was terrified and her heart was pounding against her chest , but how exactly was she going to explain the situation to Yu ? She thought he would surely think she was crazy if she just told him that she saw Yui faze through the TV , but she had to also think of another way to explain why she screamed out of the blue like that . By then , Yu had already descended the stairs and was looking through the kitchen and the living room , with shaky steps Setsuna followed him .