Chapter 8

Sejin was bouncing his leg impatiently while he was waiting in one of the conference rooms in the Hybe building. The detective had called him about half an hour ago to tell him that his team had found another video. It was positive that they had found another lead, but Sejin also feared what the video would show. The last video was just awful. Seeing the members forced to hurt each other, to torture each other.

Bang PD had joined him in the room a few minutes ago, but neither of them knew what to say so an uncomfortable silence fell across the room when they waited for the detective to arrive.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" detective Lee said when he walked into the room. Both men stood up and bowed "No need, thank you for coming so soon" Bang PD said and motioned for the older men to sit down on one of the chairs. They watched with nervous eyes as the man sat down and grabbed the laptop out of his bag.

"So the team had managed to locate another chatroom between an anti and a kidnapper. We think this one was filmed a couple hours after the previous one. My people are still trying to find a location, but it is harder than we first thought. The only thing we know is that the boys are still in Korea" detective Lee explained. He stopped talking for a moment and look both men in the eyes. "I'm sorry but this video is even worse than the last one". He then turned his laptop around so the other two could see the screen.

Sejin and Bang PD became pale as soon as the video started. The video showed Seokjin standing in front of Jungkook with as taser raised at the youngest. Sejin felt his heart fill with pride when he noticed the calm look on Jungkook's face, but the feeling was soon overpowered with terror and worry when he heard the boy scream when the taser started. Thankfully it stopped within a second, giving the two men some time to take a breath again. However, the screams returned and they could only watch how their youngest member was writhing on the ground as electricity cursed through his body.

"No not Kook" the manager whispered. It really hurt to see the video, but he also couldn't look away. Although he was only about 10 years older than the boys, it felt like they were sons to him. And he needed to know what was happening to them. But when he saw Jungkook pass out he had to look away when he felt a gag escaping his mouth.

The detective quickly paused the video and closed the laptop. "Are you okay?"

Sejin swallowed a few times before he looked at Bang PD and the detective again. "Yeah, I'm sorry. We can continue"

"Are you sure Sejin?" Bang PD asked, but the manager nodded despite feeling sick. Detective Lee hesitantly opened the laptop again and restarted the video. The last few moments of the video were the hardest to watch, as Jungkook was lying unconscious on the floor but the taser continued anyways. After what felt like a hour the video finally stopped, leaving the room in silence.

"Do - Did you get some more information on the videos?" Bang PD asked after he cleared his throat.

The detective sighed "I'm sorry, but the attackers are professional. They know how to hide hidden information a video usually contains. But we do know what kind of communication they are using, so we are searching if there're more video's like this" Both men visibly paled at the thought that there could be more videos.

"One of my men has successfully hacked an anti account, and we are trying to get in contact with the kidnappers, but we must be careful" Sejin and Bang PD knew it wasn't much, but they couldn't help but feel hopeful since the first time they had heard about the boys missing.

"Thank you so much detective" both men thanked the older men

~-~-~

For 40 minutes the hyungs tried to be a still as possible, trying to hear anything behind the thick metal door. They still didn't know what was going on, why Taehyung and Jimin were taken away from the rest or where they were right now. But all they heard were the soft breaths of the sleeping maknae lying in between them. The four of them were so focused on any sound that they immediately noticed the change of breathing when the youngest was starting to wake up.