Chapter Fifty Nine

After Dushasan's horrendous encounter of watching Karn kiss Drishti on cheek while holding her in arms, he was traumatised for a while until Drishti feeling highly embarassed on being caught like that convinced him to forget he ever saw that.

Karn had been deadly silent since yesterday as he could not face Dushasan at all now. Meanwhile Dushasan wasnt feeling any different. He never imagined Karn to be that... Romantic? He knew he will need some time and will surely get over it soon.

Whereas when both the men were feeling so highly awkward, they couldnt help but gawk at Drishti who now completely forgot if anything ever happened. As she was busy requesting Duryodhan to buy her some sweets from the market when they were roaming around.

"Do you want to try Dushasan?" Duryodhan asked turning to his brother who was staring at Drishti highly flabbergasted who ate like not a care in the world.

"No, I am fine." Dushasan said in a robotic voice. Drishti took the bag of sweet dishes from Duryodhan and ate them, "Wow, these are amazing, we will take some to Hastinapur, okay Duryodhan?"

"Okay." Duryodhan nodded at her while still glancing at his brother who was acting highly weird. Whereas his best friend was just not even visible as he didnt dare to come anywhere near where Drishti and Dushasan were present together. 

After the little shopping in the markets of Kalinga, all them went back to the castle as the swayamvar was now soon to be conducted.

****

"What are you going to do to impress her into marrying you?" Drishti asked to Duryodhan as all of the sat in the hall while looking around at all the kings present there.

"What do you think I should do?" He questioned back confused. Dushasan rolled his eyes, he knew his brother was now just too eager to get married.

"Just be you, that'll be enough." Dushasan said as a matter of fact.

"I will abduct her if anything happens against me in this swayamvar," Duryodhan said suddenly causing all of their eyes to widen, "No way I am returning from here without winning."

"What are saying Duryodhan?" Drishti whispered scoldingly, "Why do you always think of violent ways instead of trying to resolve the matter calmly?"

"She is saying right, Mere bachhe," Mamashree said trying to convince his enraged nephew, "Ofcourse you'll win the swayamvar, you wont need to do anything like that."

"That doesnt mean you can do that if you start losing," Drishti said sternly, "If you want to win rightfully you should focus on impressing her, just be kind and gentle like you have always been Duryodhan, Bhanumati should like your personality, not to be afraid of you and hate you for trying to abduct her, it will only show you cant take rejection well."

Duryodhan stared at her with his eyebrows furrowed and she didnt know if he was understanding her or was mad at her. She just hoped everything to happen in a peaceful way.

"Attention everybody!" The gatekeepers announced and everybody alerted. "The princess of Kalinga for whose swayamvar you have gathered here— Princess Bhanumati is arriving!"

All the heads turned to the bride who was entering the hall surrounded by lots of people and accompanied by melodious music playing in the background. Dressed in golden and red with the jewellery and ornaments so beautiful no one might have seen ever, in short she looked heavenly.

Drishti watched as Bhanumati walked with Charumati and Supriya by her side, all the guests stood up in awe of her beauty while Drishti found Duryodhan completely seated but still in awe of her more than anybody present there, Drishti grinned to herself, love at first sight, that was the first time he was seeing her.