Chapter Eight

Third Person POV

Makima heard a knock on her door and already knew who that was.

Makima: "Come in."

Y/N entered the room and sat down across from her with his arms crossed. Without wasting another moment Y/N spoke his mind.

Y/N: "What is your interest in Denji?"

The question got an eyebrow raise from the redhead who put down

Makima: "My interest in Denji?"

Y/N: "There's something special about him that I don't know about and I do not like being out of the loop. That devil in the hotel wanted something from him and not even Denji himself know knows what."

Makima: "You don't know? I thought you would of from the moment you met him."

Y/N: "What are you talking about?"

Makima: "It was your report that played a vital role in him joining our ranks, you even said you would put in a recommendation and train him yourself. He seemed to of left a good impression on you and that speaks volumes to me. You've seen how strong his chainsaws are first hand and how dangerous his determination can be so you know why he'd be a keen interest to me. I believe he will be an invaluable in our endeavors."

Y/N: "Your treating that boy like a dog on a leash."

Makima: "May I remind you that he and the other fiends are not considered humans and by extension that do not have the same rights as us."

Y/N: "Don't bullshit me Makima we've known each other long enough to know you don't do anything without a reason. Besides, I'm a devil and I have the very rights you denied Denji and Power."

Makima smiled as she put clasped her hands together. She always liked how Y/N treated her like anyone else, it made her feel far more human then being with those who treat her as if she was some object of worship.

Makima: "As I told Aki, devils get stronger when they are something that is feared. In that regard wouldn't a chainsaw devil be strong?"

Y/N: "So you think that Denji, the same guy I saw pull a hot pizza out of the over with his bare hands twice is our potential ace in the hole against the Gun Devil?"

Makima: "We both believe he can achieve great things. All you need to do is have a little faith in me."

Y/N: "Last time I took a leap a faith for you I was still human. I don't doubt the results but my combat prowess is the last thing on my mind being a devil now."

Makima: "You fear hell."

It was more of a statement then a question as the air chilled at the mention of the place all devils go to when they die and come back different in some way.

Y/N: "I'm afraid when I die the Y/N that comes back will be an enemy to humanity. What am I going to tell my family? What if I wake up and want to hurt someone I care about? Fuck sakes, I'm thankful for the strength but have you even considered the consequences I'd face?"

Makima: "Of course. When we found the Armor Devil it lacked a mind and personality of its own, it was a blank slate that had only the base instincts of any other devil. With you as the Armor Devil it will now firm it's whole being around you. The will of the Armor Devil is your will alone, the question is what kind of devil are you going to be?"

Y/N was silent as he contemplated Makima's words and the weight they carried. He decided not to dwell on it and answer forthright and honestly.

Y/N: "The kind that kills other devils whether I am on earth or in hell.