Chapter Two

Third Person POV

Y/N: "Mom I told you I'm fine here."

The man was at a pay phone speaking to his mother who understandably is not a fan of what her son does for a living.

Y/N: "Are my coworkers nice to me? This isn't grade school mom it doesn't matter if their nice to me."

He listened and nodded.

Y/N: "No I don't have a girlfriend, why do you keep-."

Y/N eyes widened

Y/N: "Mom! It not like I'm looking or anything, work keeps me busy."

He sighed

Y/N: "Fine I'll try if that makes you feel better but no promises."

The devil hunter leaned against the phone and nodded.

Y/N: "I love you too, tell everyone I love and miss them. Bye."

The man hung up and phone and headed to work glad he got to call his mom, overbearing as she may be. Y/N knew he was lucky to have his family mostly in one piece and while they may not fully approve how he spends his life he loved them anyway.

Honestly the idea of getting a girlfriend never came to Y/N as he was busy trying to get his roommate laid. Aki was a good looking guy and decent human being but when it came to women the man was dense as a block of lead.

That and he promised Himeno he'd try to scoot him her way since she liked him.

Y/N walked through the doors of the Public Safety Headquarters in his full uniform with only his machete and pistols visible. He made his way straight to Makima's office after she wanted to see him regarding his report.

Coworkers and office workers moved out of the large man's way as he made a beeline to the redheads desk until he felt something bump into him hard. While Y/N only took a few steps back he looked to see the person he strode into ways knocked onto the floor. He looked down to see a petite young woman with short dark brown hair who looked like she was on the verge of tears. The papers she was holding where scattered across the floor as she sat there looking up at the large man.

Y/N's brain shutdown for a moment looking down at the bundle of anxiety blankly which only made her even more nervous. The awkwardness was palpable until Y/N snapped out of it and realized what he did as he bent down to help her pick up the papers.

Y/N: "You should really pay attention to where you're going, are you alright?"

Kobeni's POV

I looked up to see Y/N himself looking down at me with his brow raised. I immediately noticed he was just as big as they say and kind of good looking. Ok Kobeni, you have a cute guy who just helped you and is offering his hand. Why does he have to be so intimidating?

I took his hand I felt him effortlessly pull me up but halfway through and my hand slipped from his grasp because my palms where sweaty. This is it, my life is over. I wish I could say it was a good run but honestly it was kind of a letdown. I'm sorry mom and dad I wish I wasn't such a failure.

Kobeni: "Eeep!"

Y/N quickly grasped my wrist using the cloth of the sleeve as help his grip gently getting me to my feet. Oh crap now I'm super close!

Kobeni: "T-Thank you."

I got away as quickly as possible wanting to disappear. Why do I have to always embarrass myself?

Y/N's POV

She seems nice if not a little uncoordinated. Kinda wish I got her name. Well I'll get it later if she doesn't die before then, time to see the wicked witch of the east.