Chapter Forty Nine

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Three hours later Silver and I were in an all-black Benz being driven by a guy named Mike, on our way to get the number seven tattooed on our wrist.

Was I excited? Fuck yes.

Unfortunately for Silver, I haven't shut my mouth about it since. During our little cuddle session on the couch, I was going over each number seven design and if we're being truthful, they were all the same—different fonts didn't make it any different.

And then after I had switched from several different Pinterest number seven fonts, I debated whether we get the number seven written in writing instead. Silver immediately disagreed and presumed to tell me that he didn't have enough skin space for that and that he imagined it to be the number.

I was getting far too excited about it all and then decisively agreed that it was much better to get the numeral instead—because we were set on that from the start.

I stared out the window of the car, shielded by the tint but my eyes were blessed to be seeing everything.

Once darkness fell, everything that could light up was significantly the most beautiful sight. With the buildings decorated in light, shadows of the darkness around whatever area the illumination didn't hit.

Passing by buildings, small restaurants, or late-night clubs with the single-lettered title sprawled out in a defined red or blue illumination—as normal as it may appear, it always brought me joy.

"It doesn't take much to make you happy, does it?"

I forcefully pull my gaze away from the window, letting it sink on the man across from me. Blue eyes brighten around the darkness—easily reminding me of the same sights I adored from the outside.

Around him was near to little illumination, making every other feature of his shadowed but defined by the darkness. I briefly saw his messy black hair, blending in with the leather seat behind his head if it weren't for the longer strands to fall down into his eyes.

The appealing sight of his strong legs spread out in front of him with his body lazily sunken into the leather seat. I watched his fingers tap one by one in a slow rhythm against his thigh, his head down in an observant manner, slightly angled to the side—reminding me of myself whenever I inquired a question.

It took me a moment to recollect my jaw from the ground seeing how easily attractive my boyfriend was. My reply was quick and haste as I hadn't wanted to be teased any further than his lingering ghost of a smirk for my lack of response.

"It doesn't take much," I respond almost out of breath. As rushed as my words were, he still smirks and in a slow movement, he leans his head back against the headrest while nodding at a slower pace.

"I should know by now. Even the slightest of things you're easily appealed to."

I let out a small giggle, uncontrollably blushing. He just did that.