Chapter Forty Four

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Silver and I had finished our shopping day, and it seemed like all I wanted was for the day to go on.

After deciding on my own gown—which was immediately the ivory-white coloured gown I adored at first sight—I also refused to let Silver see it, insisting that he only see it on the day of the ball.

Much to his disappointment, he allowed that and then we were off busy picking up his own suit.

Silver bought me lunch, and we ate outside on a small bench near a large tree, where there were fewer people. I've always disliked crowds or having too many people around me.

The sun was setting as we drove back home, and Silver was now escorting me to my door.

His tatted arm wrapped around my waist, and he chuckles at the joke I had made—which wasn't really a joke but he found my concern that the world's population was almost 8 billion people in the world—amusing him somehow.

"Well..." I place my back against the door frame, he locks me in place by standing all too close to my figure. "At least this didn't go downhill with Alias suddenly showing up, huh?" I let out a slight laugh but meant every word.

Amongst everything, Alias was the least of our worries. He seemed to be laying low, but he wouldn't touch me with Silver around.

"Don't jinx it, flower." Silver smirks, and I roll my eyes sensing the darker joke between us.

We fall silent, our gazes clashing as we stare into each other's eyes like love-sick puppies. His blue eyes sparkle behind the setting sun, his creamy skin is blemish-free and incredibly soft—before I knew it, my palm was cupping his cheek.

"When will I see you next?" I whisper out, driving my thumb over his high cheekbone. His skin was always as soft as it looked.

He gives me the smallest smile—a true smile, earning me to smile even wider back.

"Whenever you'd like, Serenity."

Before I could make another request, he stops me before I had the chance.

"Although, I have a date planned for us. The night before the ball, I'm taking you out."

Curiosity brims upon me, but the unsettling feeling that lurks beneath my nerves also seems to turn me down. The mention of the ball only reminds me of the reality I must face sooner or later—today was a good enough distraction, even being with Silver hadn't reminded me of it like I thought it would.

"How come that specific night?" I tilt my head in curiosity, letting my hand fall from his face but now going through his hair. Incredibly soft hair.

His eyes close briefly before they blink open and look at something above me. "I just thought it would be nice," He murmurs softly, "we can change if you want another day?"