Chapter Forty Five

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

There was never a morning when I didn't feel refreshed to be greeted by a new day, leaving everything from the previous day behind.

This morning was different.

I awoke, my eyes opened, and anxiety immediately crippled me.

My mind raced with scenarios of what could happen today. My plan could go horribly wrong, destroying my family and discarding my love for Silver.

Everything could go wrong in such a short period of time, so I took advantage of the opportunity to enjoy every last second of peace.

Last night was a night I'd never forget. Silver and everything along with him was just perfect.

I went home that night the happiest I'd been in weeks. Silver kissed me goodnight, letting me know that he would call me the next morning before meeting me at the ball his family hosted.

And then, unfortunately, had remembered everything that was to go down.

It took me more than my own ability to move out of bed this morning without forming a frown. I had gotten ready for the day and went downstairs for breakfast, seeing my parents already there—along with Uncle Nico and his wife, Davina.

"Morning," I mumble out softly, giving my Aunt a small kiss on the cheek and then moving over to my Uncle who brings me in for a big bear hug.

"How is my beautiful niece this lovely morning?"

I shrugged hopelessly, going over to my small stash of honey tea. Pouring the hot water into the cup and letting the tea bag soak, I add in a teaspoon of Manuka honey too.

"How are you, Uncle Nico?" I ask from over my shoulder, not wanting to strain my hasty mood on everybody else.

"Better than you," He states and I glare at him from over my shoulder.

I take a seat across from my father, who was concentrating on something on his laptop while his fingers typed frenetically.

Mamma discusses her evening outfit with Aunt Davina, and Uncle Nico sits across from me, sipping his coffee while staring into my soul.

"What's wrong with you?" He raises a brow.

I raise one back, sipping my tea for the effect. I had to come off as playful as possible.

"Nothings wrong, just a rough morning."

"She was out on a date for like hours last night with Silver." Mamma mentions, moving her brows up and down in a motion that makes me want to smack her.

"The fuck we're you doing Serenity?" My Uncle raises his brows, jaw clenched and I found myself nearly about to face-palm myself.

"Mamma is just teasing, Nico. We went out on a boat and ate and talked like a normal couple."