Chapter Twenty Nine

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

The next morning was fateful.

My immune system was fucking shit, and making out with a hot mafia leader in the pouring rain for five minutes or more was destined to get me sick.

Now here I was, jolting awake at eight a.m. to me sneezing and groaning in an extremely warm bed. Which really only consisted of a duvet and light sheets, no additional blankets.

"Serenity?" I heard Silver's voice call from the doorway, my blurry gaze catching a figure stepping out of a steamy room.

"Yeah?" I croak out, wincing at how raspy my voice was and the soreness in my throat.

As I rub my eyes and scoot myself up in bed, his figure becomes more viewable.

When I finally reopen my eyes, I am taken aback to see that Silver has literally teleported from the bathroom door to the bed next to me.

Magician.

A hand was placed to my forehead and I gaped up at him, merely noticing that he was covered in water droplets and a towel that hung dangerously low around his torso, his very defined torso shaped into a V catching my eye also—

I sneezed squeakily again. Making my eyes widen in fear.

I am not about to spend my weekend in bed being sick.

"I think I'm sick," I mumble, looking up at him. He slowly takes his hand away from my forehead, giving me a concerned frown.

"You're hot," He motions to my head and I snort, giddily letting out a laugh—only making me laugh harder when he rolls his precious eyes.

"Here we go," He mutters and I stretch up lazily, poking his chest with my finger. "That's what she said." I flick my hair over my shoulder and he shoves my shoulder playfully, shaking his head and disappearing into his closet.

I lay flat back on the bed, kicking the sheets off me lazily and cuddling up into the pillow.

Sniffling, I pout my lips and caress in the warmth. My body felt all hot, yet I also felt cold. As soon as the blankets were kicked off, the air felt like ice piercing my skin.

I shivered and drew the blankets back under my chin. My bottom lip wobbled as shivers captivated my body; I frowned and desperately closed my eyes, hoping to warm up.

With a sigh, I hear the walk-in closet door open again, and I peek one eye open to see Silver striding across the room.

His bright blue gaze met mine at the right moment, and his brow furrowed as he took me in. Silver was now dressed casually in black sweatpants, a loose-fitting white shirt, and sneakers.

Accessorised with his usual chain and ring sets. He approaches, squatting to my level to where my cheek is pressed against his pillow and my mouth slightly parted from his godly appearance.