Chapter Nine

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Waking up to the sound of immediate chatter and laughter surely forced my impermeable body out and ready of my bed.

Today's classes didn't start until 10:30, so I planned on sleeping in a little, but my early ass couldn't help but check out what was going on downstairs.

I decided to go to the bathroom first so that I didn't look like the Demogorgon from Stranger Things.

After peeing, brushing my teeth, and splashing hot water onto my face, I tie my knotty hair up into an effortless bun and leave my room officially.

I rush down the stairs, my feet struck by the icy tiles that were minus zero degrees in the mornings.

As I was passing the living room unquestioningly while I noticed all the commotion coming from there.

I retrace my steps, entering the living room and drawing everyone's attention to myself and the slowest smile braces my lips.

Nana Layla, Pops, Uncle Dre and Uncle Nico were all gathered around the sofas.

"Morning!" I grin chirpily and walk into the room further, wrapping my arms around my grandfather once I've reached them all.

He hugs me back just as tightly, patting my back softly before kissing my cheek. As I lean away, he tilts his head to the side with a similar smile to my own.

"How's my granddaughter, hm?"

I laugh at his attempt to determine whether I was having issues or not—he wasn't someone who had emotion plastered all over him all the time, though he apparently has improved significantly since first meeting my grandmother.

Shrugging in response, he rolls his eyes and pats my waist once to dismiss me.

Next was my beautiful grandmother, Layla. She and my grandfather looked as if they hadn't aged a day since their 40s, though they weren't old either, It was still so bizarre to me.

Nana hugs me as soon as I went to lean down and hug her. She quickly kisses both of my cheeks before running the pad of her thumb along my cheekbone.

"Bella, she's getting more and more beautiful each day." Nana turns to face my mother, who is sitting on the love seat with my father.

"Tell me about it," Papà mutters under his breath, even though the whole family could hear it.

Uncle Dre chuckles just as I hug him next, he kisses my forehead and looks at my father from over my shoulder.

"Better watch out for those frat boys, Agnello."

I catch my father rolling his eyes, and the sound of Nana smacking Andre on the shoulder came next.