Chapter Forty Eight

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Silver and I fucked inside a hospital shower and I have no regrets.

It may seem pathetic on my end. I've just found out that he was partially using me and was involved and aware of the corruption of my family—but yet I still love him, I still intimately make love with him.

My heart is fixed on what it is fixed on. Using my brain wouldn't be a strategy, and the only thing to blame on this one is my heart—but, as I said, no regrets.

Silver is the love of my life, I'm so sure of it.

But I needed answers. I needed an explanation for this all. I wanted everything cleared, I wanted the air clear of all the smoke replaced fresh and new—for us all to have a renewed start.

Even if it takes time.

The dove Silver had gifted me lays squeezed in my hand as my eyes watched him inhale and exhale a cigarette.

This crystal dove was my solace for the past few days as I waited for Silver to awaken. It broke my heart, even more when he wouldn't wake up, and yet, the dove rested in my pocket the entire time to ensure me and give me hope.

I wanted Silver to know that there was hope in me trusting him again—that everything he had done in his past would simply be forgiven once I was ready to do so.

"Aren't their smoke detectors in here?" I whisper out in a concerned tone, sending a weary glance to the closed door.

As casual as he was, he shrugs and dips the remnants of his cigarette into an ashtray. "All well." That was all he replied with.

I shift closer to him on the bed, and on instinct, he brings his arms around me. I play with the dove which catches his attention.

"Are you ready to talk?" He murmurs into my ear sweetly.

Bluntly staring at the dove, I consider my response before I decisively nod, turning my body into his arms.

Our proximity was as close as we could be while talking with one another—almost sitting on him from the closeness our bodies were. I placed my hands on his lap and fix my attention on them.

"As long as you are."

Silver lifts my chin, making me look at him presently. Our eyes clash and that familiar spark between us enlightens me once again, reminding me who I was with—my home.

"I've been ready for a while, just never had the courage." He gives me an apathetic look, his eyes blazing with uncertainty.

I nod my head slowly, grasping his fingers that were under my chin and placing our hands together between us.

Silver clears his throat, blinking between our hands and my eyes, obviously not knowing what to say—so I start off lightly.

"Why did you agree to this plan from the start?"