𝖝𝖎𝖛. Slytherin

🥀 WRECK🥀XIV: Slytherin

🥀 WRECK🥀
XIV: Slytherin

Post-Christmas Hogwarts was always a lot more drab. All the decorations had been taken down and the students seemed a lot more stressed due to the sudden closeness of their exams. Juniper realises with a sense of impending doom that her NEWTs were less than four months away.

Exams are suddenly her top priority once she realises that she had done next to no revision during the first couple of months of her Seventh Year (seeing as she had been preoccupied by her powers and Atlas──it sounded like a pathetic excuse now that she reconsiders it). 

Nevertheless, Juniper had had her wake-up call when McGonagall had handed her back her homework essay with a big, bold and menacingly red T on the corner of her parchment. A Troll on her Transfiguration essay had made Juniper nearly curse aloud. Perhaps she should have warned McGonagall about her situation──how she was a runaway and a dead-girl-walking who had spent Christmas on her brother's lumpy sofa. But she also knew that McGonagall would not spare more than a sorry glance in Juniper's direction.

What had bugged Juniper even more to study than her abysmal grades, was the fact that Sirius seemed to be doing better than her in almost every subject──he had gotten an E on the Transfiguration essay. And Juniper had witnessed Sirius scribbling that essay in less than ten minutes on the kitchen counter. This had bothered her to no end when she was in Third Year──Sirius' ability to be brilliant at everything he did. Juniper doubts he's ever failed a subject before.

Juniper was close to failing four.

That was the reason why she found herself holed up in the library on a Sunday morning surrounded by books on Herbology. Naveen had refused to join her, preferring to sleep in rather than follow her sudden ambitions to score all Outstandings. So Juniper usually embarked on her studying journeys alone.

She had been halfway through an essay on the healing attributes of Mandrakes when someone disturbs her peace.

"Alright, Juniper?"

She spares her intruder an irritated glance, only for her heart to suddenly still. It was the Golden Three, Slytherin's shining jewels some might say──Regulus Black, Evan Rosier and Barty Crouch Junior. All three of them were younger than her, and there was a time when they had worshipped the ground she walked on. They had been blinded by her family's reputation and power. They had wanted to be like her, like her family.

Perhaps they still did, Juniper never acknowledged them.

Thoroughly ignoring the other two, Juniper sets her gaze on the youngest Black. He had been in the common room the night she lost control over her powers and she had been worrying all winter whether he would tell anyone. She hoped he didn't, otherwise she'd have to take another trip to Dumbledore's office──and quite frankly, Dumbledore made her slightly uncomfortable.