𝖝. Letter

🥀 WRECK🥀TEN: Letter

🥀 WRECK🥀
TEN: Letter

Juniper stands alone on the Hogsmeade platform at six thirty in the morning waiting for her brother to arrive. It was last day of term before everyone left for Christmas break. Normally, Jude stayed back at the castle, preferring to spend his holidays with his friends, but this year he had specifically asked Juniper to wait at the platform for him. 

She was happy enough to oblige, seeing as she wouldn't have any company regardless. Juniper had spoken to Naveen after the whole ordeal with Dumbledore was over he had been waiting for her outside the Hospital Wing ). He was surprisingly calm, although a little taken aback.

"I'm a bit confused, yeah." He had said with a shrug, "And rather frightened . . . but you're my best mate—you're practically family. I don't know about Atlas, but I don't give up on my family."

It was due to their seven-year long friendship that Naveen had offered to help her find out more about her powers. He didn't shy away nor did he discriminate. He had shown Juniper that her fears had been wrong—and she was thankful for that.

And as for Atlas . . . well, Juniper tried not think about him. Completely ignoring Dumbledore's advice, she pushed Atlas and the entire event into the depths of her mind. There was no need for her to think of things she wished she could forget—Merlin knows, she had already lost too much sleep over that.

"You look like death warmed up." A voice interrupts her train of thought.

Juniper glances up to see Jude hovering before her with an awkward smile. "Piss off."

Jude rolls his eyes before he gestures towards the waiting train, "Shall we go pick a compartment?"

She simply nods before picking up her trunk and carrying it into the train.

Naveen was going home for Christmas too—and so was Atlas, but Juniper wasn't supposed to think about him. Anyways, Naveen and Atlas usually travelled home together but due to certain circumstances, that was only wishful thinking. Naveen was going to floo back home, he claimed it was quicker.

Naveen adored his family, even though he was bit of a Black Sheep amongst them. He was the only Slytherin in a clan of Hufflepuffs, but he was never shunned aside. The Shafiq's were known to be kind and caring—it made sense that most of them were Hufflepuffs. Mr and Mrs Shafiq adored Naveen as he was their youngest son after three daughters. As a result, he was quite pampered. Juniper loved the Shafiq's with all her heart, and quite often found herself wishing that she could've been part of that family.

But she was a Coldwell, forever and always.

"So, I heard that, er, you were in the Hospital Wing." Jude asks once they get settled into a compartment in the middle of the train. Juniper believes that this is the compartment the Marauders' usually occupy.