𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. Marauders

🥀 WRECK🥀THIRTEEN: Marauders

🥀 WRECK🥀
THIRTEEN: Marauders

Juniper hadn't fathomed how fun Christmas could actually be until she spent it with her brother and Sirius.

The only thing about Christmas that Juniper had known, was her mother's ill attempts at setting up a Christmas tree──her mother couldn't quite do any household chores as she'd had an House Elf all her life. But then Jude had set their House Elf──Dimple──free when they were thirteen. Much to both, their mother's and the House Elf's, displeasure.

Christmas at the Coldwell Manor hadn't been anything special. Their mother would always get Jude and Juniper a present──usually formal dining robes for Jude and jewellery sets for Juniper. And always with the Coldwell emblem on them. Juniper had been happy with that.

Gifts were a much bigger deal to Sirius and Jude though, when it came to Christmas presents. And Juniper had found that out the hard way.

"Get up, you lazy arse!"

Juniper yelps awake as a pillow hits her square in the face repeatedly.

Honestly, she should have been used to it by now. Juniper had been living at her brother's apartment for a week now, and every day without fail, he would wake her up by attacking her violently with pillows.

"Stop──stop it!" She attempts to block the blows drowsily, "Jude!"

He ignores her, disappearing back into his room with a smug look.

Grumbling, Juniper rolls out of her thin blanket and gets up from the sofa. She had gotten used to the springy and lumpy sofa, and it didn't seem so uncomfortable anymore. She still missed sleeping on a proper bed though.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the sofa?" Asks another voice blandly.

Rolling her eyes, Juniper ignores Sirius. He had a habit of getting under her skin──remember the days when she wished they were still friends? Well, she takes it all back. Sirius had gotten even more annoying over the years, if that were possible.

And Juniper was quite certain that he was rather suspicious of her. Sirius would always eye her with an odd look, as if he was waiting for her to do something dangerous. As if he was waiting for her to betray himself and Jude.

Sirius made little effort to rekindle their old friendship, whilst Juniper had been under the impression that he had wanted to──like she did. But he was hardly ever around the apartment when she was there. Jude told her that he liked to spend most of his time with James, but once, Sirius had stumbled into the apartment at four in morning, smelling like alcohol and with his arm around an unfamiliar brunette. The walls in the apartment were thin and it didn't take much investigation to figure out what they had been doing in Sirius' bedroom.