𝖝𝖎𝖎. Conversation

🥀 WRECK🥀TWELVE: Conversation

🥀 WRECK🥀
TWELVE: Conversation

The Leaky Cauldron was dark and dingy as always when Juniper and Naveen apparate in the pub. It reeks of alcohol, smoke and urine. The walls were black and stained with Merlin-knows-what. Juniper was surprised that it had managed to maintain its reputation as a family inn.

"Should've taken the floo . . ." Naveen mumbles looking a little green, as he holds onto the back of a chair for support. Apparating didn't quite agree with him.

Juniper rubs his arm soothingly, "Do you want to take a stroll outside?"

He nods absentmindedly, "The smell is making it worse—I'll come back in an hour?"

"An hour is all the time I need." She replies smoothly.

"Good luck," Naveen wishes meekly before stumbling out of the pub in a hurry.

Juniper had come to The Leaky Cauldron because her brother told her he would be working there — well, it was possible he was working there. They weren't very good at communicating. Nevertheless, Juniper was here due to the predicament her flight-risk of a mother had left her in. 

It felt slightly ironic. Four months ago Juniper had had a fight with Jude in which she refused to run away with him, claiming that she did not have a choice—now, she had no choice but to run away.

Juniper moves to the bar and beckons the bartender. He looks young, probably a couple years older than her, with buzzed hair and dark eyes. He smirks as he approaches her.

"Can I get you anything, sweetheart?" He asks suggestively with a smug smirk.

Juniper resists the urge to roll her eyes, "Do you have an employee named Jude?"

The man's smirk drops slightly and he nods, "Want me to fetch him for ya'?"

"That'd be brilliant." Juniper replies, straight-faced.

The man disappears behind the door that has a sign on it which read 'STAFF ONLY'.

Juniper takes a quick look around the pub, to find it nearly full. There's a gaggle of witches who seem to be having a loud bachelorette party in the corner, there's a group of goblins hunched over and whispering amongst themselves almost in conspiracy. But most of the pub is filled with lonesome witches and wizards who seem to be either high or on the verge of tears.

"Juniper?" 

She turns her head around to see Jude emerge from the door, wearing an untucked stained white shirt and old black trousers that seemed to be too short for him. 

"What are you doing here?" He asks jovially, hopping over the bar counter and encircling his arms around her in a hug.

Juniper's slightly taken aback, but she hugs him back nevertheless. "Just thought I'd give my twin a little visit."