𝖝𝖎. Naveen

🥀 WRECK🥀ELEVEN: Naveen

🥀 WRECK🥀
ELEVEN: Naveen

Juniper did not burn the letter.

She was at Naveen's front door instead, with the letter in one hand and her trunk in the other. Juniper stared at the large, carved, very expensive looking door hesitantly. Would they let her in?

Naveen's family had been nice to Juniper in the past, but was it enough to welcome her into their home? Nevertheless, she did not have enough time to think about it. The war was getting worse and news of her mother's disappearance would spread soon enough — meaning that Voldemort would try to seek her out ( depending on whether or not Dumbledore's story was true ).

Juniper needed a safe place. And Naveen's house was the safest place she could think of.

She rapped the door in urgency. 

The snow was worse where the Shafiq's lived in Ireland. Her hair was wet because of the snowfall and her thin jumper wasn't enough to keep out the cold. She brushed her damp hair out of her face before knocking on the door again.

No one opened the door for a long time, until Juniper could her muffled yelling from the other side of the door.

The door suddenly swung open and a blast of warmth hit Juniper's face. Naveen faced her with a boggled expression, still in his pyjamas — she had forgotten about the late hour she would be arriving at. Perhaps she should have written a letter to warn him.

"June?!" Naveen exclaims, looking flabbergasted. 

"Er, hello." Juniper replies lamely.

"Are you okay?" He asks immediately, pulling her into the house. He takes the trunk from her hand and sets it down on the carpet. "Merlin—!"

"Love, whose at the door?" A woman's voice drifts through the hallway before a tall woman appears over Naveen's shoulder—it was Mrs. Shafiq.

Salma Shafiq was a tall, immensely beautiful woman who looked rather young to have three children who were nearly adults. She was a healer at St. Mungo's and was often criticised for her bold fashion choices. Mrs. Shafiq was also a brilliant cook from what Juniper knew—she would always send Naveen homemade sweets during festivals. 

Right now, she too was dressed in her pyjama's and her long black hair was in a loose braid. She noticed Juniper standing on the carpet in wet clothes and damp hair, and gasped.

"Juniper! Dear, what happened?" Mrs. Shafiq rushes towards Juniper worriedly and takes her face in her hands. Mrs. Shafiq's eyes run over Juniper's face in concern, as though looking for any injuries. "You poor thing, you must be so cold. Naveen, take her trunk inside."

Naveen does as he's told and disappears into the depths of his house, before casting Juniper a worried glance over his shoulder.

Mrs. Shafiq casts a drying spell over Juniper, which halts her unconscious shivering. Juniper feels rather lightheaded, the impact of her situation hitting her like a ton of bricks.