𝖛. Reconcile

🥀 WRECK 🥀FIVE: Reconcile

🥀 WRECK 🥀
FIVE: Reconcile

Someone was laughing, a haunting high maniacal laugh that echoed through the room. 

Juniper was stuck, and she was panting. She was running away from something, or someone. But who? She racked her brains, trying to remember who that laugh belonged to. And why was she stuck? Her feet clung to the stone floor as if glued down. No matter how hard she tried, her feet wouldn't budge. Why couldn't she move?

Suddenly, Juniper swivelled her head around. Glowing flames as tall as towers were closing in on her. This is what she was running from—the fire. The heat was making her sweat profusely, making her clothes cling to her body like second skin. With a cry Juniper tried to move her feet once again. No avail. With great desperation she glanced behind her, back towards the fire.

There was someone there, walking through the flames with utter ease. Juniper could not tear her eyes away from the figure. She had the gut feeling that it was time for her to run, but her feet refused to move. Who was that figure? Then suddenly, glowing red eyes, like a snake, peer through the flames where the body was. Eyes so red and sinister that it made Juniper shiver.

"Coldwell!" The eyes widen, as if the person they belonged to was calling out her name. The voice was high, like the haunting laughter. "Wake up!"

Juniper tried to move her legs, to run, but her body was frozen. She couldn't move, "Coldwell!"

Maniacal laughter bouncing of the walls, making her ears bleed.

"Wake up!"

Two fair-haired children screaming as the fire scorched their young skin raw.

"Coldwell!"

Glowing red eyes with a sinister look, coming closer and closer.

"Wake the hell up!"

A hand drops down on her shoulder, it's heaviness shaking her frame. Juniper gasps, her eyes fly open and looks around in panic. 

There was a fire! The children were in the fire, someone had to get them out! And those red eyes, they were following her. She needed to get help, she needed —

"Well done, you've scared her, now."

Wait. Juniper stills her beating heart and looks around slowly, trying to recognise her surroundings. She recognises the rows of beds and high, arched windows that were tightly shut. She was in the infirmary, and hopefully safe. It had just been a dream.

Suddenly, a face appears in her line of sight, making Juniper spring back. "Merlin's pants!"

"Sorry," The voice apologises sheepishly. Juniper blinks twice and tries to get her sleep-fogged brain to wake up.