𝖎𝖎. Truth

🥀 WRECK 🥀
TWO: Truth

Jude turned a blind eye. He did not look at her when they apparated beside their mother, he did not look at her when they reached the platform and he did not look at her when their mother whispered threats and instructions in their ears.

Juniper felt like she should apologise to him, explain herself. But if she herself could not understand the way her brain worked, how could she explain it's reasoning to Jude? And perhaps it wasn't her fault at all, she had spoken her truth and if Jude couldn't accept it, then so be it. Jude had never been good at dealing with the truth anyways, he was an escapist, running away every time an obstacle was thrown his way.

Jude stormed off halfway through their mother's goodbye, ignoring the loud calls of their mother as he marched into the train. Their mother watched, silently fuming and Juniper watched, painfully numb.

"Keep an eye on your brother," Mother tells Juniper whilst staring blankly at the train. "Don't let him get himself into trouble."

Juniper thinks that there might a hint of worry in their mother's voice, but she quickly recognises that Adaline Coldwell was worried more about her reputation than her son. She nods anyways, "I will, mother."

"Good," She nods. Then gives Juniper a long look with her frosty, unreadable eyes. Her mother hesitantly put a hand on Juniper's shoulder. "I know better than to worry about you." And then she retracts her hand and apparated away, leaving Juniper standing alone like an idiot.

The platform is cluttered is with screaming children, hugging teenagers and teary parents saying goodbye. And in the midst of them stands Juniper, alone and feeling out of place even though these were her people.

With a closed throat and prickling back, Juniper hauls her trunk up with her and boards the train. Somehow, it's even more crowded inside than it was outside. Students shoved each other trying to find their friends and fought over compartments. With a roll of her eyes, Juniper pushes through the crowd and starts making her way to the back of train where her friends were hopefully waiting for her.

On her journey to find her compartment, Juniper passes her brother. She isn't surprised when she sees that he's chosen to sit with the marauders and the other Gryffindors ( all of them seemed to have stuffed themselves into one compartment ). They were all laughing and stuffing their faces with sweets. James and Sirius seemed to be wrestling on the floor whilst Peter giggled and Remus shook his head in disappointment, not looking away from his book. And her brother's head lay in Remus' lap, grinning down at the two marauders. This was perhaps the happiest she'd seen him since the start of summer.

With clenched fists and gritted teeth, Juniper marches forwards, eager to leave the scene. Some part of her brain was happy that Jude had found solace and happiness in his friends, but deep down in her heart, she wished she was with him. Her twin. Laughing along to whatever the marauders were doing and feeling alive.