61

Conference room 4
-

Pen between my teeth. Notebook clutched against my chest. My eyes remained on him seated at the glass table. Sure he was paying attention to Mr Taylor but his eyes were on me. What was he doing here? I specifically asked Bridget that dumb fuck if it were private airlines. She said NO.

His lips curl into a slight smile and I know he was enjoying this. He didn't expect to see me but here we were. Meeting again. Fate? Destiny? What the fuck was the universe throwing at me again? I stayed away from him! I divorced him. He was supposed to stay far away from me. To be fair- I was gawking. The man didn't look a day older than 24. Yet he was 31. Still that gorgeous man . His hair was longer. That's the only thing that changed. Hair length.

He raised a brow and I furrow mine. I had run out of the elevator earlier. I couldn't be alone with him. He would make conversation and I honestly needed to steer clear. Kim Taehyung was problematic. Whenever we got together,  trouble arises. He is the reason for my heart palpitations! For my jittery nerves and the eerie feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I know it's because of him.

-
Flashback
Yesterday

"I'm just glad you found the time in your busy schedule to help me kick off this project ".

James Taylor and Taehyung had met a few years back at a museum auction. Ever since then- the two business men kept in contact and became good friends. Taehyung had come ,not to become a partner but to help the man plan for the next few busy days. This project was important to James and he had begged Taehyung to assist .

"I gotta admit , it's chilly ", taehyung sucked in a breath as the breeze blew through his slacks and shirt. "Maybe wear comfortable and warm clothes the next time we come out", James teased. "You didn't say we were coming down to the beach", taehyung countered, rubbing his palms together. "This it-", he stepped up to the Sealake restaurant- grabbing the silver bar handle to push it open.

At this point - Anastasia had turned away from jungkook and her supper. The eerie feeling was nothing like she thought. But - infact - she could sense taehyung was close. A piece of her belonged to him.

"No - this one", James pointed to the steak house. "Perfect! I thought I'd have to eat cold fish whilst shivering ", he released the handle and stepped aside , allowing a young couple to pass and enter the Sealake restaurant. "I know how you enjoy your meat", James threw an arm around taehyung and lead him to one of his top 5 restaurants.

Anastasia snapped out of her dazed thoughts and turned back to the things that were keeping her sane in this insane world.

Jungkook and food.