29.

07 : 59 am
-England -
London

••

"I hope mama isn't asleep ", I yawn - knocking on the front door for the 6th time. The 3 of us have been standing on the porch for a good 10 minutes. 

"Mama-", I scream. The 2 at my side flinched at the high pitched tone I used. "Sorry - ", I mouth and the door swings open. "Anastasia ", she plucked me into her arms. "Oh mama", I laugh , hugging her back. Boy have I missed her ! "My sweet girl-", she pecked my cheeks. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting ", she apologized  before turning to the Korean gentlemen  which made her gasp. Her eyes focusing a whole lot on taehyung who simply nod his head. "Me , oh , my", she whispered and I nudge her. "Can we come inside mama?", I sigh and she immediately stepped aside for us to enter. Taehyung and hwang carried the suitcases in.

England weather was rather dull for a beautiful Saturday morning.

"Your father will come over later", we followed her into the living room. "Your sister is on vacation in Paris, so you won't be seeing her. Rupert is still asleep ", the mention of her new husband made me bitter but I quickly chuck those feelings aside.

"Mama - this is hwang ", he was quick to shake her hand. She seemed swooned by it. "This is Taehyung, my-", I trail off. Not knowing how to blurt this out. "Your?", mama raised a brow and I felt the nervousness engulf me. Taehyung and Hwang were also staring. Awkward.

"Her husband-", taehyung cleared his throat. Mama's eyes grew larger than tennis balls. "What? Anastasia Rosalie Cora  ! What is he saying?", she waved a warning finger at me as I stuttered to find the words. "Well , you see my grandmother-",

"I love him!", I panic and they all freeze - staring at my scarlet cheeked face. I could feel the sweat trickling down my spine. "You What?", mama questioned as if she failed to hear me. "I love him-", I repeat. The lie came naturally. I didn't hesitate to utter those words despite them not being true. "Marrying him was my choice. I know I'm young, Mama but -", taehyung cut in - "but my grandmother is very ill and she wanted to see her only grandson marry. So your  daughter was kind enough to marry me without a grand white dressed wedding".

My mother's eyes bounced from taehyung to me - back and forth until she pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed loudly. "Anastasia- this is why you don't travel by yourself", her tone almost teasing. I smile and give her a hug. "Is this the reason for the sudden visit? ", she whispered and I hum into her shoulder. "Are you happy?", she asked even softer into my ear.

Am I happy?

Well I was forced...but he doesn't ill treat me.

"Yes-", I mumble.

After a few more seconds - she stepped back , tucking my hair behind my ear. "You kids go unpack. Uhm Anastasia and husband stays in your room ofcourse", she turned to hwang, who still looked half asleep. "I'll show you to the guest bedroom ", she gestured for him to follow.

He lifted his suitcase and rushed behind her. "C'mon, I'll show you our room", I clutch my suitcase handle but he smacks my hand away. "I got it ", he smiled. He was up to something. I knew that cocky smile... "What?", I furrow my brows and he snickered,  shrugging his shoulders and lifting the bags with such ease.

Leading him up the wooden staircase which creaked as we walked up. Taehyung had struggled to carry the bags but I did not help - since he said he 'got it'.

"This is mine -", I push open the door and he immediately threw down the bags. "Hey! You'll break the gifts-", I scold. "At this point I don't care about the gifts. This house needs an elevator-", he sighed and sat on my bed. "Nice -" , he allowed his eyes to travel. It was not much , but it was rather cozy and neat. Pink and black interior. A bed , study desk , small closet. A few teddy's and posters. "You're really a kid -", he smiled as I rolled my eyes. "Then why are you married to a child . Pedophile" , I get on my knees , unzipping my bag to check the gifts.

"They're intact -", I mumble. I had got mama a fragrance set , since the woman is obsessed with perfume. For papa , a baseball jacket and a cute dress for my sister. "Do you think they'll like it?" , I lift my head after seconds of silence. He was at the study desk. "Taehyung?", I rise to my and head to where he stood. His index stroking the little cat ornament that sat on some textbooks. "I believe that was a birthday gift. I just don't know who got me it-", I chuckle at the silly gift . Probably an old lady from the  church we attended.

Taehyung seemed to be lost in a daze. Finger continuing to pet the cat. His eyes intently admiring each detail. "Are you okay?", I place a hand on his shoulder and I swear he flinched. "Are you okay?", I repeat once he stepped away from the desk and off to his suitcase. "Yes sorry , I'm just so tired -", he gave a tiny smile while searching his belongings.

"You can shower and rest ", I smile as he nod. "Bathroom is down the hall-", I point to the door and he was quick to take his clothes and leave.

He's not known to be the jittery one. Maybe he was just suffering from jet lag.

My eyes land back on the porcelain cat , which stared back . Maybe he didn't fancy cats...

••

09 : 47 am

"Well - I don't know how you could fall inlove with someone you've just met and then marry him after 2 months-", she went on while throwing potatoes into sizzling oil.

I sat on the island stool , hand under my chin and eyes feeling heavy. Taehyung and hwang were sound asleep. I on the other hand missed mama. So I thought I'd give her company while her so called husband went out somewhere without greeting me.

"Do you truly love this man?", she looked over her shoulder and I nod my head. Ofcourse I did not love taehyung- but lying was the best option.

"How old is this man?", she sighed. "I believe he's 30-", I trail off when she hummed. I'm surprised she had nothing to say about his age. He didn't look 30.

"Why don't you get some rest , baby", she turned around to give a smile. "I'm giving you company-", I yawn. "Don't worry about me , head onto bed", she waved the wooden spoon in the air. "Go on -", her tone louder as I got onto my feet.

"Wake me if you need anything ", I walk out with dragging feet and hunched shoulders. I hated flights. They make you tired for no reason.

The wooden staircase creaked as I got upstairs, heading straight into my warm , silent bedroom. Taehyung was sound asleep. Sheets over his waist and cheek pressed into the pillow. Kicking off my slippers , I climb into bed - slowly tucking myself without waking this beautiful sleeping angel.

Hair sprawled over his forehead. Lashes seated on his puffy cheeks. Lips slightly pouted. He was the definition of perfect.

I reach out to touch his face but stop inches away. What am I even doing? Why was I okay with this marriage ? I had no idea why he even wanted me as his wife. I mean - he said my innocence was the reason but that's just so stupid.

There had to be more.

More to this marriage.
More to taehyung.
More to us...