56

18 : 38 pm

"Why are you trying to sabotage my relationship, jungkook?".

"Relationship?" , he squint , staring at hailey who had been throwing a tantrum since he arrived. "Yes ! My relationship with taehyung ", she barked. The sight of him laughing made her fume more. "What relationship hails? The man has moved on! It's fucking time you grow up and do the same -", he snapped back. He had had enough. No more feeding into her delusional plans. He regret even hopping on her crazy boat.

"Why are you here jungkook? Shouldn't you be on your joyful flight to England?", she rolled her eyes. "I'm here for that exact reason hails. I don't want to leave when you're stuck on a marriage that will never happen again. Taehyung does not want you. He's made that clear. And as for Anastasia, I suggest you let her be. I'm done helping you try to separate them", he stood from the couch and her jaw dropped. "We're supposed to be friends , kookie! You're fucking stabbing me in the back for that whore !", if she yelled any louder , she'd possibly shatter the wine glasses.

"She is not a whore , hails. Infact- you're the one bitching about shit. Grow the fuck up -", he pointed his index to her and she scoffed. "I love him. Unfortunately you've never experienced such a blissful emotion  because you're so caught up in your own fucking bubble", she crossed her arms over her chest , leaning into the couch.

"Yeah? I'd rather fucking live in my own world than try burning down other people's happiness-", his comment struck deep. She was on the brink of breaking down. "Just leave-", she whispered. "I am", he countered and walked out her room.

Grabbing the wine glass , she tossed it across the room,  screaming at the top of her lungs as the glass smashed into the wall. "Fuck!", her thunderous voice boomed. "Fuck everyone ! Fucking snakes-", kicking and screaming was all hailey could do in the moment of being let down  by her friend and being rejected by taehyung.

-
02 : 32 am
Anastasia's pov:

"Ou-", the pain in my neck grew as I sat. "What the !", I almost have a heartattack when I catch sight of taehyung seated across , staring at me. Whiskey glass in his hand . He was still dressed in his work suit - tie undone and coat hanging over the armrest. Had he been watching me sleep?

"What time is it?", I whisper,  rubbing my neck. I had fallen asleep in the living room. "Are you okay?", I tuck my hair behind my ears. He was so silent. "Hey?", I furrow my brows before dropping my gaze to the signed divorce papers laying on the little round coffee table between us.

"You signed-", my whisper hardly even a whisper. Eyes lifting to find his. He looked so miserable and defeated. "Taehyung-", I begin but he raised a hand and I press my lips together. "Don't say anything-", he slurred. "I don't want to hear that you're sorry, Anastasia. I don't want you to be sorry. I want you to be happy -", he downed the Whiskey,  setting the empty glass beside the forms then proceeding to sit next to me. "All I ever wanted was to keep you happy , Anastasia -", he reached out , cupping my cheek in his ice palm. "When we met - you were in so much depression and pain. Since then - I've always tried my utmost best to prioritize your happiness. I had promised to take you far away -", he smiled a drunken smile which made his eyes twinkle.

"I have never loved until i met you", he leaned in , resting his forehead against mine. "When you walked into my office 3 years later  - I believed in destiny and fate for the first time", his nose brushed against mine. I could smell the alcohol. "I dropped everything for you ", his hand glide to the back of my neck as he drew back , staring into my pooled eyes. "I have no regrets ", he smirked as my cheeks were now being washed with my streaming tears. "If you think this is the best thing for us- then okay ", he whispered, furrowing his brows. "Taehyung-", I sniffle and he shushed me. "Quiet -", he chuckled, using both hands to clasp my face. "Maybe in the next life we'll be happy-", his brows slouch and eyes began to glisten. "Or - the universe will be kind to us in the future ", he sulked , closing his eyes when the tears trickled out.

I bring up my hands , using the aid of my thumbs to stroke his soft wet cheeks. "Tae - I am sorry" , I sob and he pulled me closer , cradling me against his heaving chest. "I said don't apologize, silly", he laughed and I cling to his shirt. Why did leaving him feel wrong? Why am I so broken? I thought I'd feel lighter once I see his signature- but I felt horrible. Emotions I just can't describe.

"You'll take care of yourself,  yes?", he sniffled and I nod. "You'll call me right?", his question made me cry harder. "You won't?", his voice fades. I could hear myself crying. Whimpering in his arms like a lost puppy. "It's fine. Just take care of yourself-", he whispered. I felt his arms tighten around me. Afraid to let me go.

Silence.

Not awkward
Not odd
Not weird
Not painful

Just silence.

A kind that spoke a thousand words.
A kind that felt as if a sledgehammer were crushing into my heart over and over again. The beat of his heart filled my ear as I shut my eyes. My head throbbed with the amount of times I've shed tears. Leaving him felt wrong - but I know it was the right thing. It had to be done. We weren't meant to be  together.

We weren't.

-
09 : 21 am

"Flight D 32 has been changed to E 6 ".

The terminal building was uncomfortably crowded. Unwanted chatter and yelling. Announcements being made and folks dashing into my shoulder. Were they blind ?

"What's yours?", he looked over my shoulder after placing my bags onto the conveyor belt to be taken and stored into the lower deck of my flight. He had offered to send me with his jet but I politely declined. "Uhm f 3 ", I wave my ticket and he gave a nod. "Are you nervous ? I know how jittery you get on flights -", he remembered. "I'll be okay", I mumble,  staring down at my sneakers.

I couldn't delay staying behind. My operation was in 2 days and I had to get settled back in England. Also - if I remained a moment more with taehyung- I'd probably change my mind and stay with him. So to avoid more drama- I'd rather leave sooner.

"Will you atleast text me when you land?", his question made me smile. Lifting my head to meet his stare , I give a brief nod. "I will", I whisper. "Thank you -", his smile never reached his eyes. No more sparkle. Just dull ,  dead eyes. "Well - ", I clear my throat , stepping back. "I best get going ", I point to the departure doors. "Okay", his response was soft.

"I will let you know when I land ", I swallowed hard. "Yeah-", he forced a smile. Should we hug? I hesitantly move forward but he embraced me with such ease. I always felt little in his hands. My nose pressed into his chest. The scent of his cologne burning my nostrils. He always wore too much fragrance.

"Take care of yourself" , he clasped my face , kissing my forehead. "I love you -", he whispered then planted one last kiss to the same spot then released me. Tucking my hair behind my ears , I give a nod. Me and him both fighting tears.

"I'll be seeing you then , Mr kim ", I smile as I walk backward.

"Ms Cora " , his lips curl into a smile and I wave , turning and dragging my feet to the doors. Don't look back ! Don't look back! I kept chanting those words but I couldn't help myself. I glance over my shoulder  and the sight made my eyes prick. Hands in his hoodie and lips turned down , brows slouched and hair hanging over his forehead. He was so lost.

But -

This is for us to live better lives. The only way was for us to part ways. He'll be fine. I know he will be.

Once I cross the doors - I sigh out heavily. Placing a hand over my mouth as I begin to sob. I didn't care who watched me cry. They didn't fucking understand how hard this decision was.

I'm sorry tae.