Love Interests

"So tell me about this Rachel girl." Damon deadpanned.

"Not happening." River stated before taking another sip of her coffee.

"Come on." Damon nagged, "You've heard about my love life drama with Andy."

"And Elena." River added.

"Not Elena." Damon countered.

"Yes Elena." River corrected.

"Okay we are getting side tracked here." Damon started as he narrowed his eyes at River, "Tell me about Rachel."

"There is a Rachel as well?" Delilah exclaimed as she listened to their conversation from the lounge room where she was meant to be watching a movie.

"As well?" Damon challenged as he turned to see Delilah standing in the doorway. "Do elaborate, Munchkin." Damon requested.

For fuck's sake let me drink my coffee in peace.

"I don't know what that means." Delilah said as she walked towards Damon.

"Explain." Damon simplified as he picked up Delilah before seating her sideways on his lap. "It means to tell more about something so it's clearer for other people."

"I know what explain means. I'm seven not stupid." Delilah snapped causing River to sputter a laugh earning her a glare from Damon. "Elaborate has too many syllables for me though."

"Right." Damon muttered. "It was your birthday recently." Damon recalled after a brief pause. "How old did you turn?"

"Okay I get I'm younger so I'm meant to be less intelligent but do you not remember me saying I'm seven like three seconds ago?" Delilah asked causing River to laugh harder at Damon's misery.

"And you wonder why I say she's like you." Damon uttered, mainly to River.

"What if River was like me?" Delilah questioned, "What if I'm the original model not her?"

"She has a point." River said, enjoying how off topic they had gotten.

"Oh my God." Damon mumbled under his breath. "Did you have a party?" Damon asked, recovering slightly.

"Yes." Delilah answered simply.

"Did you sister happen to invite anyone special of her own to this party?" Damon urged.

"Elena, but she isn't really special." Delilah answered causing River to cover her mouth, finding the scene in front of her all too amusing.

"But you said that there were other love interests in River's life, have you met any of them?" Damon questioned slowly causing Delilah to turn to River for guidance. River shook her head subtly once she met Delilah's eyes.

"Nope." Delilah answered cheerfully. "Why? Do you know any of them?"

"No." Damon whined, "Do you know anything about them?" 

"Nope." Delilah responded in the same tone.

"Then why did you say that River had multiple love interests." Damon questioned, narrowing his eyes at her.

"I don't know." Delilah said. "Wait... does River have multiple love interests?" Delilah questioned, acting clueless.

love interests?

what am I? the main character in a fanfiction?

"I don't know." Damon groaned, "You said she did."

"I thought it was just Katherine."

OH MY GOD

-----