Hey Daddy

"He's here. This was a mistake." Trevor called out. Trevor then frantically ran down the stairs to where River and Elena were seated.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. Trust me." Rose reassured.

"No. He want's me dead, Rose." Trevor said, nervousness clear in his tone.

"He'll want them more." Rose said, gesturing to River and Elena.

"I can't. You give them to him. He'll have mercy on you. But I need to get out of here." Trevor ranted.

"Hey" Rose said, stealing his attention, "What are we?"

"We're family" Trevor said, "Forever." As a loud banging was heard at the door, Rose turned back to the girls one last time.

"You're scared." Elena observed as she watched them link hands.

"What. An. Empath." River muttered, her lack of ability to handle times of crisis showing through clearly.

"Stay here with them." Rose said to Trevor, "And don't make a sound." Rose then moved up the stairs and to the front door where Elijah was waiting. After Rose exited the room, Elena began nervously pacing, clutching the note Bonnie had sent her to her chest. River, who had decided the safest place for her was as far away from Elena and Trevor as possible, was currently leaning against a wall opposite Trevor, lost in thought, the absence of caffeine and quality sleep causing her to lack the energy required for an appropriate response to her situation.

River was brought from her thoughts as footsteps began entering the room before a man, who she could only assume was Elijah, vamp sped up to Elena. Once Elijah was directly in front of Elena, he lowered his head slowly to sniff her neck.

This feels illegal to watch.

River then diverted her eyes from the scene as Elijah's head hovered around Elena's neck.

"Human." The man breathed.

Hot voice > Hot name

"It's impossible" He muttered as he pulled his head back from her neck. "Hello there." Elijah greeted as he looked down at Elena.

"And uh-" Trevor started, stuttering over his words, "Speaking of Katerina. We were unable to get her."

"That is quite clear." Elijah enunciated, clearly irritated by the presence of this parasite and how he had been listening in on his conversation with Rose. 

"But we were however able to get someone she cares about." Trevor continued, not meeting Elijah's eyes.

IS THAT ACTUALLY WHY I'M HERE?

OH MY-

"Katerina doesn't care about anyone but herself." Elijah spat, turning to face Trevor.

"That's what we thought as well but apparently not." Trevor said as he gestured to River who was still opposite him. River rolled her eyes at Trevor's antics before her heart casually stopped beating. 

Elijah, using his enhanced speed, transferred himself in front of his mate instantly. His heart began to race as he realised who she was and just how important this moment was. River, realising how close Elijah was standing to her, kept her head lowered, knowing that proximity between them would be compromising if she raised her head.

As her eyes were currently focussed on the floor, she noticed how nice the man's shoes were.

Is he actually wearing a suit right now?

River cut off her thoughts as she quickly recalled that she was still wearing her dress from last night.

Not that I can say anything.