Pianissimo

"Hey" River greeted as she saw Elijah from the doorway of one of the rooms in the Mikaelson mansion. After activating the bond, River and Finn spent a while longer in his room until River left before any of his siblings returned. 

"River." Elijah acknowledged as he stood from the seat he had been sitting on. "What are you doing here?" He questioned as he began walking towards her.

"Well I came by yesterday to see all of you but no one was home." River said, avoiding the truth as she recalled that when she had arrived yesterday no one was home.

"Except Finn." Elijah added, quickly noticing his brother's scent rolling off of his mate as he continued to approach her.

"Yeah." River trailed off, not understanding how Elijah knew that she hadn't just arrived and left before Finn had returned.

"You two activated the bond." He observed, trying to limit the amount his distaste affected his tone as he explained how he knew her and Finn were together yesterday.

"Yeah." River muttered, sensing Elijah's irritation. "How do you know?" She asked cautiously.

"Your uh- scent " Elijah started as he cupped the side of her neck with his hand, allowing himself to try and calm his inner vampire with the feeling of her pulse under his hand, "is tainted with his."

oh goodie.

"Ew." River mumbled, her eyes dropping from Elijah's. 

"But that's okay." Elijah said, mainly to himself as he stepped back and took his hand off of her neck.

"It is" River reassured, sending him a comforting smile as he met her eyes again. "Nice piano by the way." River said, shifting her attention as she observed where Elijah was before he had noticed her.

Elijah let out a hum, appreciating her changing the topic. As Elijah began walking back towards the instrument River followed. 

"Do you play?" He asked as he sat down on the stool, moving over quickly so that River could sit beside him.

"I used to." River answered as she sat down next to him.

"Why did you stop?" Elijah asked, his arm discretely wrapping around her waist whilst his hand rested lightly on the side of her thigh.

 "I just don't have enough time anymore." River answered simply as she subconsciously leaned into Elijah's hold. "That is your cue to convince me to find more time to start playing again." River added after a moment of silence passed between them earning her a grin from Elijah.

Instead of trying to verbally persuade her, Elijah simply raised his freehand to the keys of the piano before he began playing one of the many pieces he had memorized in his time. River watched curiously as her mind somewhat recognised the piece. As Elijah continued to play, River rested her head on his shoulder, her gaze still focussed on the way he played.

He has really hot hands.

After a few more moments, Elijah finished playing, his head lightly resting on top of River's as he relished in the simple intimacy of their position.

"That was actually really good." River praised after a moment.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Elijah challenged.

"Knowing your family this piano was most definitely owned by some famous pianist who lived a couple of centuries ago so I was convinced the sound quality was going to have deteriorated since it was made." River explained.

"Please." Elijah started, "I am the famous pianist who owned this piano a couple of centuries ago." River quickly pulled her head out from beneath Elijah's, turning to face him instantly as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're kidding, right?" River skepticised.

"Quite the contrary, Elskan." Elijah stated, fighting the smug smirk threatened to overtake his expression at River's panicked look. "It was quite simple to use a fake name and compel someone to pose as me for paintings whilst I was the one making history." Elijah added.

hot.

"What?" River questioned, outraged by the news she was finding out. "How- Wha-" She blurted out, unable to gather her thoughts as she failed to process what Elijah was saying. "Who?" River asked after a moment. "Actually I don't want to know." River decided, not wanting to ruin her view of history. "Wait do I?" River asked earning an amused chuckle from Elijah who was finding her reaction all too entertaining. "THIS IS NOT FUNNY."

-----

"Okay." River started after a moment of silence. "You've been sniffing my neck for way too long, we are doing this." She continued as she tried to turn around on Elijah's lap where she had been sitting since he had begun teaching her one of his favourite pieces.

Elijah quickly pulled back, alarmed as to how she had noticed what he was doing. As River tried to turn and face him, Elijah tightened his hold on her waist, tilting her hips back towards the piano so she couldn't meet his eyes.

"How did you know?" Elijah asked guiltily, knowing that she had just caught him.

"That your nose was humping my throat?" River clarified. When Elijah didn't object her theory, she continued, "It's sort of a difficult sensation to ignore in such a sensitive area." River muttered. "But are you going to ignore what I also said?" She questioned.

"What are we doing?" Elijah asked, recalling what she had said.

"Activating the bond." River answered simply as she gently traced the details on Elijah's wrist.

"Are you sure?" Elijah confirmed as one of his arms tightened further around her waist, the other loosening so River could continue her faint movements.

"Positive." River stated as she relaxed under Elijah's hold, he hand slipping away from Elijah's wrist.

"Are you comfortable with drinking from the vein?" Elijah questioned as he pulled River's hand which had moved away from his wrist back towards his arm, encouraging her to replicate the movements she was previously making.

when he's a man of consent>>>>>>>>>

"Yep." River chirped her anticipation growing with each passing moment. An amused smirk overtook Elijah's features as River adjusted the sleeve covering his wrist, trying to clear the area as soon as possible.

Elijah then raised his bare wrist before he bit the area with his fangs which he quickly controlled. Once Elijah held up the bite to River, she fought away her instinctive thoughts which initially clouded her mind and began to drink.

This shit be tasting better every time.