Chapter 23 - Revenge is a Dish Best Served Sweet

Start from the beginning

"I would love nothing more than to get some revenge, but..." Milena trailed off, trying to think of how to word her next sentence, "but I just don't know if I wanna see either of the twins right now..."

"Can you at least come and hear their plan?" Angelina pleaded. "Don't do this for the twins, do this for yourself, no stupid boy is going to act like that to my friend and expect we won't do something about it!"

Milena sighed then stood herself up, extending her hand to Angelina to help her up. "Alright then, show me the way." She said as she pulled Angelina up.

"Brilliant!" Angelina exclaimed, leading Milena away from the lake. "I promise their plan is gonna be good, you just have to hear it for yourself."

The two began to walk back towards the school, but instead of stopping at the school, they began to follow the path around and towards Hagrid's Hut. Milena continued to follow Angelina where eventually she saw Fred, George, and Lee come into view near Hagrid's garden.

"Welcome, ladies!" Lee called out to them.

Fred waved to them both, giving Milena a small smile, but saying nothing else. George gave a simple "Hi" and continued on showing Lee something on a piece of parchment.

"So?" Milena said, finally stopping in front of the three boys. "What's this plan I've been told you have?"

"Ah yes that," Fred said, "so, George and I have been working on a new product that needs some testing and we think our friend from Durmstrang would be the perfect candidate."

"This won't kill him, will it?" Milena asked, a little concerned with how far the twins would be willing to go.

"'Course not," George said, "But it will make him spill his guts out."

"Metaphorically, of course," Fred assured as he pulled a couple of candies from his pocket. "Truth candy."

"Truth candy? Like a truth potion?" Milena asked, taking one from his hand to look at it.

"Exactly," George said, "it's like a microdose of a truth potion wrapped up in different flavoured candies. Lemon, Grape, Strawberry, and Cherry. Eat one of these candies and you'll be blabbering every thought you have."

"They only last for about 10 minutes before they wear off," Fred explained, "but that should be long enough."

"Long enough for what?" Milena asked. "What's your plan here?"

"Well," George started, "Angelina and Lee are going to be handing out 'Free Samples' of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and gathering people's opinions about the flavours. The ones they'll be handing out will specifically be just candy, no potion in them, but Lee will have one of every flavour with the potion with him and when he sees Ivan, all he has to do is offer one to him and hope he takes the bait."

"Okay... and then what?" Milena asked, still a little confused by their end goal.

"We get him to admit to everyone what he's done," Fred explained, "You can ask him anything and he'll have no choice but to tell the truth."

"Ah yes, the glory of public shaming," Lee chuckled.

"Alright..." Milena agreed, "so when are we doing this?"

"Tonight," Fred answered, "we don't really have much more time before they leave, so it's now or never."

"Don't you think he'll be a little suspicious of Lee and Angelina?" Milena asked.

"We thought about that," George said, "I think he's spent so much time scowling at Fred that he hasn't even noticed our other friends."

"Fair point." Milena said.