Chapter 54

Previously...

The nobles just exited Basen's room when Cale went back.

"Cale, is that you?" Eric approaches him in a hurry and checks every part of his body. Cale let out a giggle as he watched him do. Eric is really similar to Deruth. "You really back! I'm glad!"

"It is nice to see you too, hyung."

-

Cale silently observes the situation. He didn't think it would turn out like this when Cale intentionally approached them as they were about to leave, thinking that they wouldn't have time to spare for him and would leave right away after a small conversation.

"The tea is delicious. This is brewed so well." Lady Amiru elegantly drinks her cup of tea, making the others do as well.

"Thank you for the compliment, Lady Amiru." He said while feeling flustered.

"So our little brother has grown to the point that he can make this tea." Young Master Gilbert commented. The two other nobles laughed at that, making Cale even more flustered.

"Hey, let's not tease our newly returned brother." Young Master Eric said as he stopped them from laughing, he even pat Cale's back for comfort. "Guys. Let's cheer for this moment."

"Really? Cheer with only tea?" Lady Amiru complained but proceeded with having her teacup close to others.

There is only one left that didn't raise his cup and that is Cale. The young master then smiled at them before he followed their action. "Cheers for this moment."

"Cheers for Cale's return."

"Cheers for our reunion."

"Cheers for us!"

"Geez. We act like we are drinking alcohol or something." The last complaint Cale made before the atmosphere calmed down. They stayed in that room for hours listening to Cale's past journeys. It was already afternoon when they were done and stepped out of the room. Coincidentally, Hans was just about to pass by the room when it opened.

"Young Lady, Young Masters, are you already done?"

"We are." Cale responds and observes the butler for a while. "What's with that look?" Hans looked so tired, probably not because of Lock's companions since those people are currently staying at the same inn where his papa is staying at. "Did we receive another visitor?"

The nobles beside Cale look at the butler in curiosity.

"His Highness came to visit. I apologise that I didn't inform you as when I was about to, His Highness the crown prince stopped me, saying that he will just visit young master Basen in a short time and would leave right away."

"Then I guess he already left?"

"That's right."

Cale sent Hans back to work and proceeded escorting the nobles outside. Their own carriages came to pick them up one by one until Lady Amiru was left alone with Cale, Cale took that chance to give her advice about the property of Ubarr before her carriage arrived.

As she left, Cale watched the carriage move further from him. It took him a minute before he turned his back at the scene and walked back to the villa.

Cale knows his biological father is already improving their walls. And now, Rock asked him to give advice to Amiru Ubarr that is to set up a military base at the Ubarr coastline instead of focusing on tourism: the decision of the household would give advantages to the kingdom and that is only if they choose the right one.