Special Chapter

Easy on Me by Adele

In the middle of night, Cale quietly sneaked out and made his way to the kitchen. He attempted to sleep a while ago but failed miserably. So instead, he planned to make milk to at least feel a little sleepy.

When he was about to go back to his room, he just found himself lost in the hallway. It looks like he reached the end of the hallway and he can only see a door at the very end.

He didn’t remember seeing this room when they looked around. It made him shiver.
It's almost like a horror novel that Rock read when he was bored. He chose to be brave and decided to check what’s inside.

Instead of the horror imagination he had, he saw a grand piano in the middle of the big room, and several musical instruments in the corner. This is a music room.

Every step he made echoed in the room until he reached the piano. It was a little dusty but it played a good melody. He placed his milk on top for a while as he grabbed a towel to clean every dust he could see.

It’s been a while since he touched a piano. It may be a little blurry but he could remember playing piano with his beloved mother. His little finger started pressing every keyboard and randomly played a tone.

He doesn't really know what to do but his feelings tell him to continue. He is having a warm feeling about this. Just like every time he enjoyed his time with his new family. Without a second thought, he just starts singing whatever comes out of his mind.

“There ain't no gold in this river
That I've been washing my hands in forever
I know there is hope in these waters
But I can't bring myself to swim
When I am drowning in this silence
Baby, let me in

It is unstoppable. His emotion is overwhelming him. He feels like a full balloon that is about to burst.

“Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
I had no time to choose
What I chose to do
So go easy on me”

It was almost impossible for him to hear himself. Now it’s not only his emotion but his memory, as if it is replaying.

The day his mother died, everything turned its back on him. His childhood ended so early that forced him to grow up and be mature. Everyone wants him to mature and grow up right away, so he can be useful.

But he never didn’t want to be what they want, not when he was only four years old. Not when his mother also hated that idea. His mother is the greatest person he had met, his happiness is his mother’s joy, she only wants to see her son happy and do what he wants to do. That was how good his mother was.

When she died, his freedom got taken away from him.

“There ain't no room for things to change
When we are both so deeply stuck in our ways
You can't deny how hard I have tried
I changed who I was to put you both first
But now I give up”

The abuse continued until he gave up craving for change. He got stuck in a state of neglect.

He remembers changing himself for his father. They both lost someone important, after all. He acts mature and stands brave for his father, to make him happy but he was more happy with someone than his own son. The second time he changed was for his father’s new family. It was just tiring that it made him run away.

“Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
Had no time to choose
What I chose to do
So go easy on me”

When he first stepped out, with no one knowing and with the intent to run far away. His first thought was to travel around the world. To do anything he can without anyone opposing him.

“I had good intentions
And the highest hopes
But I know right now
That probably doesn't even show”

The time he met Rock, he felt the freedom he sought. And being with that man made him experience the things he never thought he would do. It is almost impossible. Being with that man made him forget the past he held.

“Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
I didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
I had no time to choose
What I chose to do
So go easy on me”

His finger stayed in the final note for a while. His chest goes wild as he catches his breath that he doesn’t know he stopped in shock. His right hand suddenly grabbed his shirt that covered his chest. Feeling of excitement is so overwhelming.

After drinking the milk that he almost forgot, he made his way back to his room and fell asleep right away. Without knowing that there are three presences that watched him sing.

Rock together with the two dragons, Eruhaben and Rasheel that are standing outside the room, removed their invisibility. They’ve been watching him ever since Cale started playing randomly. The truth is they were already asleep but when a melody echoed in the quiet villa, it brought them to the dark room where Cale was playing.

“That was good.” Rasheel whispered as if not wanting anyone to hear him

Cale already left when they started commenting.

“He sure has a talent aside from being stubborn.” Eruhaben agreed.

“Worthy for my recording device.” Rock murmured while holding his recording device. Not only him but also the dragons.

Before they separated, they had the same thing in their mind, 'Should I let those people pay for hurting Cale?'