Chapter 52

Previously...
"The young wolf has been standing outside your office before I got back here."

"Is it Lock? Why didn't you let him in?"

"Because you didn't even let me in."

Rock stares blankly at his guild secretary before he shoo him away with his unoccupied hand. "Go and let him in."

"Right away, boss."

-

"Is there anything you need?" Rock asked.

Ever since Lock entered the office, the young wolf only kept his head bowed and stayed quiet. Rock had enough of waiting for Lock to speak that he took the lead of the conversation.

Lock finally has courage to speak.
"Uncle Rock, I heard of what happened earlier..." A moment of silence and Rock swore he heard a quiet sniff before Lock continued. "I'm really sorry..."

"About what?"

"Rosalyn noona mentioned that the guests with me attacked you."

"You don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault."

"But I'm the one who brought them—"

Rock cut him off.
"No one got hurt." He speaks with calm.

"Now, you are aware that you should look at the eyes you are talking with, aren't you?" Lock nodded to that before Rock continued. "Then look at me as you tell me what happened on that day."

Turns out what he thought was right. The organization planned to let some wolves live for sacrifice.

Noon came when Cale entered Rock's office after spending his time with the children. He then remembered that Lock talked to his foster father earlier.

"I heard Lock talked to you. Is something wrong?"

"He just apologized for what happened earlier." Rock didn't make it sound like a big deal but it sounds like a big problem to him.

"He did?! The hell is he apologising for? Did they really just make him apologize?! The audacity!"

Lux, who woke up after resting on one couch, tried to explain it to the teenager.
"I'm sure Lock just apologized because he thought it's his fault it happened."

"Well, it's not. It's their fault for suddenly attacking my father."

"Why are you still here, anyway?" Rock asked.

Cale just shrugged. "I lost track of time."

"Go home, Cale. You need to wake up early tomorrow. Let's go, I'll escort you out." Rock was about to reach for his coat when Lux stopped him.

"No need, boss. I'll be with him before I go to my room." Lux then wrapped Rock with Rock's blanket and forced the man to enter the door connected to the other room. "You should go to sleep as well."

"I'll sleep if I want." He said to Lux but didn't stop Lux from pushing him. He then turned to Cale. "No need to worry yourself about what will happen tomorrow. I'll send someone to help you. Go rest."

Rock gave a weak wave before Lux closed the door.

"Let's go, kiddo. I deserve a sleep too."

Lux had to watch the kid leave the inn before he went to his room to finally sleep.

"Papa sent you?" Cale asked. He was really shocked when he saw Lux knocking on his window first thing in the morning.

"That's also my question, kiddo." He claimed as he sip at the coffee Cale make for him. 'My student really make a delicious coffee.' He is nodding his head for agreeing for something he thought.