Chapter 6

Previously...

"Follow me. I'll feed you."

He swore his mother did teached him not to trust a stranger. But maybe he went so desperate that he really followed the guy.

This stranger looks strong just by the build of his muscle but Cale can fight. He never neglects swordsmanship training. If this person thinks something can endanger him, his hand will move for his sword.

-

Timeline: 4 years ago from the present
Current age: 22 yrs old

*In this timeline, their death happened earlier than the exact time and he already read the novel 'The Birth of a Hero. 4 years before Kim Rok Soo and Cale met each other.*

Sometimes he thinks about what goes wrong. And that suited for today' situation. This incident was out of his calculations. He knew that there is a time he would make a bad decision, something out of his prediction but this is something he can't accept. Lives of his team are on line.

They are all exhausted. Yet they keep pushing themselves beyond their limits. They would not stop until they kill the unranked monster, not until their last breath. Kim Rok Soo knew he would be a hindrance but he came to that place. There's no way he would let them do all the work when some of them are already dead. He can at least point out something that can help to defeat the monster.

They're so injured and exhausted that it is almost impossible to stand up. Kim Rok Soo already called for help. But they are far from this location.

"Rok... Soo--"

"Don't waste your time on talking, leader-nim! The help is almost there!"

It is a battlefield. A battlefield of humans vs. monsters. It is not rare for a bloody scene, after all, this is the point here. Blood, death, screams, determination to live. But the feeling of fear still resides within, the fear of losing someone who he holds memories with. Rok Soo is not new to this and still it made him want to vomit.

The signs of fear and panic are visible on his face. His leader's laughter didn't help either. His trembling hand just continues to stop the blood of his leader instead of minding the fact Lee Soo Hyuk laughed at this life and death situation.

"Rok Soo..." Another weak voice called his name and then he saw Choi Jung Soo with his eyes half open.

"Jung Soo, you're awake. Don't lose consciousness again, bastard! The help is almost here!"

"I didn't lose-- but Rok Soo, would you mind doing something for us?" Choi Jung Soo asked in trembling states. Both Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk have severe injuries for saving him but instead blaming himself, he must make sure for these two safety.

"What is it?"

"Sing for our birthdays."

He wanted to refuse. However, his hyungs really wanted to hear his voice.

He sang in a comforting voice but it slowly got shaky and unstable as it went on. He failed to notice the tears that stroll down his eyes and the sky that cried with him in sync. His mind focused on the heartbeat of the two important people he had left that weakens as time goes by.

He knows. He knows that they are dying. Their wounds are too deep to stop by simply emergency clothing. He knows that they are dying yet he can't accept it.

He never knew how much he feared losing someone.

"Happy birthday to us, Jung Soo and advance to you Soo Hyuk."

"I leave it to you." These are the last words he heard from Choi Jung Soo before he fell unconscious. But before that, he saw sincere smiles plastered on their faces. They hold no regrets.

At the time the help arrived, they saw three lifeless men cuddled together.

-
Next...