Chapter 40

Previously...

"The guild's mission will be cut less than normal. Limit our public display until the day comes for us to move freely." 

Those who haven't read the letter yet, questioned Leon's words.

"Seems like you all have to focus on your job from now on." William said, as if mocking the others who were trying to escape from their work.

-

*Another time skip*

A month before the start of the novel

"Father human!" Rock's door slammed open and a black haired kid stormed in without a care. "Good morning!"

"Mm. Good morning." Rock had to fight his sleepiness as he sat from his bed and faced the small figure that jumped to his bed. His hand reached for the kid's hair to mess it, resulting for the kid to pout at his action.

"Are you already ready for school, Raon?"

"Yes. I'm excited to meet new friends!"

Raon is already 4 and ready to attend the school with his siblings. But before he can, he had to learn to transform into human form with the help of the ancient dragon's teaching. Though he spends more time with his dragon form especially when he is around with his family.

Raon even said that he loves his dragon form because of how free he feels when he is flying.

A knock soon interrupted them and then Lala entered the room to inform him that the bath was ready. Raon left to go to his siblings while Rock took a bath.

Rock and Cale dropped the kids to their school with warm kisses on their forehead before they went to their workplace.

Rock is now alone in his office as he absentmindedly stares at his ceiling.

"A month." He whispered.

He immediately grabbed a piece of paper and started to write a letter for the blue wolf tribe. He tied it carefully to his eagle and let it fly away.

It might be too early for the warning but Rock has a bad feeling that something will happen sooner and might not be able to warn the tribe.

He also needs to inform Cale about what will happen to Harris Village (without telling him about the novel). He needs to send Cale to the village as the eldest son of the territory lord so that he has authority and will be able to move without having his identity in question.

"You there, Rock?" Bud entered his office and is feeling at home. "I heard Cale is not here today." Cale is actually gone from home for a week as he is taking a cooking lesson from Noah.

Bud just heard of it since he is also busy with his mercenary work.

"Why are you here?"

"Here is the information you need. Ancient power that can make someone live longer, right? I only know of a similar one that was guarded by my family."

Rock has to prepare for many things before some shit starts but for now, resting is what comes first.

"Any news about the castle of light?"
Bud had to look around to know who is he talking to and almost jump from his seat when he saw Lux standing beside the door

"It is still guarded by the cat tribe."

For them to guard the place where the Dragon Lord's castle is located, there must be something there.

"Let's check both of them soon."
Bud and Lux agreed on him.

Bud then took out a wine glass and cheer it up to the air.
"Then… let's drink! My treat!"

Soon, the night comes. Rock finds his way to his villa's treasure room. On the corner, three divine items are placed on each pillow cushion; the divine items of the GoD, sun god, and GoW. While the weird crown that Rock tempted to throw away was placed on top of the treasure box.

Everything in the room is all items they stole from the organization. This is not even the exact amount they stole but already divided for the other guild members. But everything here is Rock's.

Rock didn't even know why he still had the divine items of the gods. One is a watering can that Rock has no interest with, sure it has something written inside but it's no longer valuable. GoD's 'How to Die Peacefully' book is also not important for Rock, it just irritates him. While he can just sell the condemnation of the sun. However, Cale asked him to keep it instead of throwing it aside, the kid personally placed those three in the pillow and making it look important.

Rock was about to leave the room when a strong force of wind passed through him and flew the book open. The book pages continue to go along the direction of the wind until the book lights up.

Rock knows that in this situation, he should just leave instead of having his curiosity overwhelmed his mind. He knows that it would just be an additional trouble that he wanted to escape from.

He should just leave instead of approaching the damn book and touching it, resulting in him fainting for who knows for what reason!

As soon as he came in contact with the book, his sight slowly darkened and he could feel himself falling.

Well, he fell in the pool of coins. That's hurt but at least he can feel his richness.

"Took you long to wake up." It was a familiar voice woke him completely from his unconsciousness.

-
Next...