Chapter 10

Previously...

Rock slowly looked at the frame left by the old man but then just made his emotion even more complicated.

It was painted in a simple family picture. All the family was present, but then, he saw himself. This tells him that he was and always considered part of their family.

A family he didn't expect to call his home but then got taken away from him.

-

Present time
Current age: 26

So early in the morning, his sleep got interrupted by the non-stop ringing of the communication device, only to see his manager (the one in the branch) on the other line.

"Sir Rock! Emergency!" Rusca shouted. Rock can see the mage beside the manager also panicking while the employees in the background are cleaning something. They are in panic.

"What is it?"

"30% of the Inn's income got stolen."

Rock rather steals than has his things stolen.
"Any update?"

"Territory's knights are already on the move to find the man."

"Freesia is away, right? Take care of it for now until I arrive. Locate that fucker."

He would not let that man go.

His travels took days. The inn was still chaotic the moment he arrived. The overall employees are serving the guests while the others are helping the Knights on finding the thief.

"Sir Rock." The manager came forward and greeted him while the other employees followed. Rock greeted back before he walked toward the knight and discussed a few things.

Rusca watched the knights exit the building before he approached the inn's owner once again. "Sir, I already have his location. Should I?"

"I'll do it. Just let me rest for half an hour."

He really tried to sleep but ended up staring blankly at the ceiling. He has been having trouble sleeping these days.

-- of course you are! Who would have enough sleep while knowing that you got looted? Let's loot them back!!

-- But... Rock is trying to rest...

-- Loot them back, Rock! We can buy more bread if you do!

'No need to tell. I already plan to do that.'

He reached the location that was given to him. He found a house that is secluded from the others. He almost passed it because of how dark it was. When he entered, a young man that looked exactly in the profile Rock read was sleeping in the sofa surrounded by golds the young man just stole, even the house is surrounded by high quality stuff that Rock is sure was stolen too.

"Sleep well, bastard." He whispered to the young man with a victory grin plastered on his lips.

Peaceful in the morning when the knights reported that they already arrested the thief while Rusca, the manager, told him how he left hints for the suspect's location for the knight to find him.

After he left, Rock gracefully sipped on his apple juice brought by Freesia who came late.

"You rob more than usual, Sir Rock." Freesia commented in amusement as she took a glance at the new stuff hidden behind the curtained room.

"The bastard stole it first."

"Rock, what did you do to that man?" Rock responded with a hum, totally having no clue on what the woman wanted to say. "The man was found traumatised. You have something to do with it, right?"

"No." Rock simply makes the young man sleep longer than usual using the special spell that an old acquaintance made (he is talking about Alerose.)

"Seriously you've been sleeping for 12 hours, are you hibernating ?" Freesia really dropped the formality this time. "How about taking a walk for a while?"

"Later. I'm hungry."

Rock could only leave after the rain. He may not like how muddy the outside is, he needs to stretch his legs for at least walking near the inn.

But now he really regrets this.

"Mom, that kid, is he that mister child?"

"How do you say so?"

"They have the same hair color! And brown eyes!"

"Shh! We are not sure if they are."

"But the kid seems hungry, can he at least help him?"

'Why not help him by yourself?'

He then looked at the child minding his own business in the dark alley.

Rock has no plan of minding someone's business. He noticed the dark expression that the kid owned. The kid didn't look good, he looked like he hadn't eaten for a whole day.

Most people passed by and ignored the child. He also planned to do that as well.

He has no plan minding someone's business. However! There is a kid watching his every move. He can't be a bad influence. Aside from that, the state of the child, he looks worse.

In the end, he approached the child after he sighed in defeat.

-

Next...