Chapter 25

Previously...

“Since we have nothing else to do for a day… Shall we drink all night? Don’t worry, I won’t forget your dinner.”

“Yeah yeah whatever.”

The night was spent with the two men drinking and chatting with each other.

-
A/n: This chapter is supposedly for Saturday update but I have exams on Saturday that I finished and updated this now. Have fun reading.

"Have a safe trip out there."

Rock and Cale left the blue wolf tribe's village with the others wishing them for safe travels. They left using mana and teleported to their destined location.

"So, how was your play time with Lock?" After they arrived at their destination, Rock decided to do a little chit chat with his kid as they climbed the mountain.

"Good. He calls me hyung."

"Mm? Now my son is a brother. Are you a good brother?"

"Not sure with that." He said. Rock looked at him with a different opinion on his mind. Rock sure Cale has been a good brother to his siblings and is still a good brother to his new found friend.

-- oh, sweetheart, you are! Having you in the family is already a blessing, what else other than having a brother? You will be a perfect brother if you have one, but you already are, you are their older brother.

'You have no idea how cold I am towards my siblings, mom.'

-- but still, I'm sure you did protect them.

'how can you know?'

-- because you are the same kid who once promised to protect me.

Cale ignored what his mother said because if he paid attention, he might cry.

He learned from the best.

Speaking of someone have an habit of ignoring people, Rock asked him another question.

"Do you like Lock?"

"Mm… yes, I guess? He is a good kid and definitely shy like-- Well anyway, I hope I can meet him again, he is fun to be with."

"My son finally has a play buddy, huh?"

"Play? More on training buddy."

"Excuse me?"

"We did a little spar and… what are we doing in here?”

"Well Cale, as someone older than Lock, please be a good influence and don't drag him into a spar."

"Hey! It is just, I don't know how to talk with him, all right? But again, what are we doing here?" Rock only looked at the questioning kid and turned his full attention to the place.

They were climbing the third peak of the Ten Finger Mountains. Rock wiped the sweat off of his face as he used the Sound of the Wind to quickly climb the mountain. Cale only followed him behind with a normal pace.

These peaks were called the Ten Finger Mountains because they resembled fingers. This meant that the third and eighth peaks were the tallest. These two peaks were so tall that the peak was covered by the clouds and snow did not melt until the middle of summer.

‘But that peak is melting.’

The final ancient power was the, ‘Fire of Destruction.’

Well, not really final since Rock promised to get the ancient power Cale talking about.