Chapter 8

Previously...

It took a week before they finished preparing for Kim Rok Soo's departure. They make him know what he needs to do and what to avoid. They said to beat up someone if someone got in his way, and avoid being weak and beat everyone. They are all vicious.

"Hyung! Call us the moment you arrive, alright?"

"Take care of yourself, brat."

"Kid, be careful."

"Oraboni, visit us anytime."

Those are the last words they said as they bid goodbyes. Until then, they would wait for his return.

-

Current age: 23 - 25 yrs old

{I'll start calling Kim Rok Soo as Rock from now on}

"Pay before you pass this area." Is what the bandits said when he was almost in the free city.

They are a bunch of muscular men. They must be thinking that they would win simply because of their numbers but Rock is more than enough to defeat them.

As someone who got trained by the family of mages and someone who survived the apocalypse, he knows how to protect himself. His record makes it even easier to point out their weaknesses. In the end, they lost.

On second thought, defeating them is a bad idea. Those bandits followed him around until it irritated him. So he used them for a better good. He used them as a guide on his way to Leeb-an City and asked for their assistance in building an inn. That was then, he gained employees.

"Stop your bandit's hobbies and work here. I'll give you payment as you do your job neatly."

That is the start of the Hope and Adventure Loving Inn, with the former bandits as his employees.

On the busy day, Rock finally left his room after locking himself for days. He was greeted by a granny that is a baker near the inn. This city is so peaceful yet lively. A perfect place to start his slacker life.

Not when he was busy on the paperworks.

He tried to go around the nearest area to greet the people living or working near his inn. It would be good if he can make the others accept him here. They can even trust his business as the most comfortable inn.

Going back inside, the first floor is full of guests. He shouldn't have cared since he had no plan helping his employees today but there is something odd about the people sitting at a corner table.

The handsome man was drinking a lot of alcohol with his companion. The alcoholic man who acts drunk even though he is not, and the robed man who has the presence of a mage. They are definitely odd. perhaps...they are investigating?

That's something he shouldn't care about. 'Let's act like we know nothing. Not like I did something wrong, right?' He thought.

He was about to go back upstairs when he was stopped by the alcoholic man.

"My friend!"

"What?" Rock was flabbergasted.

"Oh! I thought you were my friend! You look exactly like him!"

Does he really know what his friend looks like? It's totally impossible to make that kind of mistake!

"Anyway! I'm Bud Illis, the Mercenary King, and you are?"

In the end, the stranger pulled him into his scheme. Rock suddenly got dragged by the Mercenary King and was forced to drink.

"So your name is Rock?"