(17) Differences, Glitters and Fire

Start from the beginning

So handsome.

"I probably do have. I just don't want to risk it tonight."

"Why so?"

Carter made a spontaneous sound of laughter as he gave me an amused expression. "So curious, aren't we?"

I purse my lips, "Well, I want to know why. We met in a bar, didn't we? For sure, you had quite a few drinks?"

"No, I was out with my friends that night."

"I didn't see you with anyone," I said as a matter of fact, remembering vividly how we met. Though I know I was kinda wasted and devastated, he never really say goodbye to anyone else before we went to the Home of Literature.

"I left them to sit with you." He admitted.

I gaped at him, "No way. Did you really?"

"Yes, El. You look so gorgeous that night."

The heat creeps from my neck to my face, "No, I don't. I'm so simple, boring."

Carter pulled me as if we were not close enough. "Nope. You look ravishing that night. And hey, simplicity is absolutely stunning."

"We know I'm not that pretty." I pointed out.

Then he thinks over something before he added, "Or maybe it's not the way you dress. Sure thing it plays a role in my attraction, but don't you think maybe because it's just you that's why I'm attracted?"

My heart melts at his compliment. I know we're different from each other, from the cultures down to the traditions and even to our taste in food and things we prefer, especially our attitude. But sometimes I can't help but think that perhaps it's our differences that lit the fire. A small fire of hope. Fire of life. Fire of love.

I'm so tempted by the beauty of fire that I forgot how it burns. Or, depending on how you want to look at it, perhaps it ignites passion. Despite the fact that fire would usually cause you harm, it'll refine you into something new and different.

"So why don't you drink?" I questioned again, not letting the topic go away even though we'd been sidetracked by other thoughts.

His pinkish lips turned upside down, hiding his smile."I ordered one. Why are you so invested in this?"

I paused, "I don't know. It's rare to find someone who isn't a fan of alcohol. I mean in our generation, that is."

"Look around, love. There are more to see."

That's right. The world's big and round, I haven't met half the population here on Earth.

Bracing myself, I asked for something I don't usually do when I'm in the bar even though it's pretty normal.

"Then what are we going to do here? Do you dance?"

Carter gave a chortle, "Uh sure."

"You don't, do you?" I smirked when his face starts to go crimson.

He shrugged, amusement lacing over his next words. "I invited you to see the place, not to drink or dance."

It's fascinating how he can easily switch up to playful, embarrassed, and confident.

"I never peg you to be so uptight." I cooed again, trying to test his patience.

How long will it take for him to be annoyed at me?

Instead of getting upset, he flashes me a sexy smile. "Oh I'm not, don't tempt me."

"Dude, stop." I waved him off.

"Did you just call me dude?" His expression was priceless.

Carter's body moved to face me as I said the word.

"Yeah?"

He shook his head and gave me a really intense look. He knows I can't stand it even though we've been together for a while. I can't believe someone's eyes can hold so much power over someone's life. If his blue eyes are something I can be with, I'll probably drown, or worse, his electric blue orbs will electrify me.

"Stop it, Carter."

He burst into laughter, "Then stop teasing me, too, El."

I pursed my lips as I tried to break through his patience again, "But will you dance..."

"No." He answered right away without a beat.

"... With me?"

"Yes." He nods as if to support his words.

One of my eyebrows arched, challenging him. "Let's go, dance then."

"Uh no." He shakes his head.

"Come on."

"Once we get home."

An intimate dance together at home. I can't wait to have my glitters and fire with this man. I'm willing to risk it now.

After a moment of silence, Carter started to open up a topic once again. And I like that about him. Whenever I go silent, whenever I don't have anything to say anymore. He's always there to come up with something.

"I noticed you didn't quite like the chocolate I bought. You got a sweet tooth yet it's been weeks and I'm the only one who keeps eating them?"

"Oh, well I thought it was for yourself," I whisper loud enough for him to hear as the weariness made me drowsy.

He unconsciously licks his lips, "It's for the both of us." Carter, then, guided my head to lay unto his chest.

The feeling of solace immediately embraces me. My kind of peace of mind. I yawn as I place my hand on his.

"I like them dark." I hand out a piece of me, it's been a while since I've been open to someone else.

Going back, I prefer to taste the bitterness of dark chocolate as it melts on my tongue. Savory.

"Oh."

"Yep." I popped the last letter to make emphasis.

"You didn't tell me."

"You like them milk," I said confidently, noticing how he always choose the milk over the dark one.

"Yeah I can't really stand dark chocolates, but you could have told me so."

Yep, here we go. Sharing our own differences.

Altairythosia's

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last update. I think it's around the November of 2022. And now, I'm back again. Will probably update every 2-3 days per week since I'm also working on Deceived by the Mafia which is posted in GoodNovel app. Anyways, here's some lovely scenes with Carter and Elnora. I hope you enjoyy!
Much love! ♡