Chapter 17

♫Whoa, shine ya light♫

Chapter 17. 🌺

(ZAYNS POV)

I have no idea how Amber didnt see it. How she didnt realize the way Louis looked at her. Or the way he cared for her. Or the way he acted towards her. Was she that blind? We had all seen it.

All 4 of us had quickly realized that Louis had fallen for her. He addressed her with the utmost respect, held her at the highest position. He always thought of her first, and had subconsciously began to take care of her. He would never fail to wish her goodnight before bed or call her some amazing title like 'goddess' or 'queen' whenever she made us food and such. But we could all see he truly meant what he said. In his eyes, she was a goddess. I dont know why he wasnt making his move.

She obviously felt something for him, too. She always asked about him when he wasnt around, wanting to know where he was and why. Amber would consistently give Louis a pep talk before each of our concerts, because even he got nervous sometimes. Louis isnt nervous often, though. I think he just wants an excuse to have Amber encourage him. He had made it so obvious that he likes her, though he probably never meant to. You could see it in his eyes, the jealousy when Amber had mentioned this 'Isaac' guy. I hope he stays just a friend to her; I dont know how Louis would handle them being...more than friends.

Did Amber realize this? No. She was sat in the seat next to me, humming some punk rock song and innocently staring out the window.

"Here we are!" she cried enthusiastically. I pulled over and she flung the car door open, marching out and knocking swiftly on the front door of a quaint little blue house.

"Amber?" an man who looked to be in his 60's with a graying head of hair and a white beard.

"Isaac!" Amber cried, throwing her arms around the older man's neck and hugging him. Wait, what? Isaac wasn't Amber's age? Oh thank god. Probably a family friend or something. Louis was sure to be relieved.

"What are you doing back in town, Amby?" Isaac questioned. "And who is this?" he glanced at me.

"Your boyfriend?" he added, as if as an afterthought. At this, both Amber and I erupted in laughter.

"I...he...oh my god, no! Zayn's got a girlfriend and i'm...er, single." she blushed slightly. I knew she was thinking of Louis. Oh my god. They should just get married and have little Louamber Tomlinsons running around. And they should name their first child Zayn.

"Oh. So you two are friends?" Isaac quizzed, and Amber and I nodded.

"Coworkers and friends." Amber smiled.

"Wonderful. Amby, Zayn, please come in?" He smiled at us and we obliged, Amber beaming at the reunion with her friend. I wonder how she knew him. He seemed like a nice old man. We sat down at the coffee table, on pearly white sofas. I was afraid that if I moved, id stain the bright pure white of the fabric. I began to zone out as Amber chattered with Isaac, letting my thoughts wander.

Deciding to do Louis a favor, I slyly snapped a picture of Amber and sent it off to Louis via text, adding the sentence of 'false alarm, no one's gonna steal your girl. Yeah, Lou, we know you like her. MAKE. A. MOVE.'.

Yeah, not like im pressuring him or nothing...but Ambers gorgeous. If I didnt have Perrie...I'd flirt a bit with her and stuff. Amber really is quite pretty. Louis needs to get his doncaster bum into gear before some other twat comes and takes her away. I dont know how deep in Louis is. But if she finds a guy...i know he'll be crushed. The time with Isaac flew by, and by the mid afternoon we were ready to leave. I had had three blueberry muffins, a few cups of ice tea and a fudge thing that Isaac had offered me. But I was still hungry. So I grabbed Amber and I some McDonalds on the way back.

"So how do you know Isaac?" I asked Amber. Something flashed in her eyes, but she only smiled weakly.

"Neighbor. Like a second father to me." She smiled thinly before attacking her chicken nuggets. I knew there was something behind her story, but I let the subject drop. My phone buzzed, and I realized Louis had texted back.

'I owe ya, mate. I was massively jealous. HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW I LIKE HER. F*CKING PSYCHIC.'

I let out a laugh before stuffing my phone away.

"Amber, Louis wants to know how your meet up with Isaac went. You should tell him when we get back." I encouraged her. She nodded absentmindedly, staring out the window. I could literally picture those two together. It was only a matter of time...