Chapter 16

♫Don't close your eyes, the sun is going down♫

Chapter 16. 🌺

(AMBERS POV)

"Amber, are you coming?" Zayn asked impatiently, and i nodded.

"just a second." i smiled, slipping on some black flats and following Louis out the door. Since Zayn had finished breakfast first and had basically just planned to laze around the bus watching TV today, he was the designated driver. I was absolutely buzzing. I was about to see my old friend Isaac. He was like a brother to me. Well, more of an uncle. He's about 10 years older than me. When I was little, about 8, my parents divorced and I was transitioned to the custody of my mom. She wasn't...really...that stable. If you know what I mean. After the divorce, she went into this shell. Never speaking to me, never smiling. Just blankly going through the motions day after day. Eventually I was sick and tired of it. It was my 14th birthday when I decided to take off. Run away. I ran six blocks before I got cold feet and ran back home. Unfortunately for me, the doors of my house were locked and if I rang the doorbell, my mom would kill me for 'running away'. As I was just about to drift to sleep on the doorstep, our next door neighbor, Mr. Isaac, had taken me in. I'd ended up crying, telling him my whole story.

Ever since, he'd been like a second father. I never talked to my real father anymore, and this was the first time in years I'd talk to Isaac. I'd moved to my little apartment in Nevada two years ago, and had studied at a college nearby with my friend and roommate Connor. Oh my god. Connor! I'd forgotten all about him... I whipped out my phone as soon as I got into Zayns car and called him.

"AMBER. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?" A familiar voice screamed the phone.

"Connor, please don't kill me." I begged.

"What. Have. You. Done." Connor was seething. Oh snap.

"I...I kinda moved, Connor. You noticed my stuff isn't in the apartment..."

"Of course I noticed! Why didn't you call me back, I called maybe 40 times..." He ranted, but I cut him off.

"Connor, I got a new job. I'm paid so much more now, I'm a cook. For a really popular boyBand." I explained. Beside me, Zayn had begun to drive and and smirked at the mention of his band. I punched him arm lightly before returning back to Connor.

"You WHAT?" Connor bellowed, To loudly. i held my phone away from my ear.

"Um, yeah. One Direction...."

"OH MY GOD. One direction? Holy sh*t Amber, you scored big time! I totally forgive you, BUT as long as you get me their autographs." He screamed. It wasn't on speaker phone, but he was yelling so loud it didnt matter. Zayn heard every word and busted out laughing.

"Is that one of them? Is it Zayn? IT SOUNDS LIKE ZAYN. Can I talk to him?" Connor fanboyed. Oh my god. Seriously Connor? Big fan, you think? that went well. Two minutes later Connor had hung up and we were nearly at Isaac's house.

Randomly, a thought crossed my mind. "Zayn? Why is Louis so cranky today?"

Zayn shot me a 'no duh' look. "You can't see it?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"Um, what?" I asked, confused.

"Never mind."