Chapter 43 - "Why are you here?"

(A.N so I finally decided how to write Nathen. Meaning that his personality will change a bit. He was just so boring. And no prinz, you can't have it your way. I also can't write this chapter in 1st person so I'm trying 3rd person Oh, and here is the Tessia POV my beta reader deleted last chapter because he thought it was useless despite being a very important part of the story)

TESSIA ERALITH

Time slowed. No, rather my perception of it did. My legs moved, following the soldiers, but not to my command. Sound abandoned my ears, or did I ignore it? I didn't know.

We ran to the camp nearby and everyone prepped to move. Every fibre of my being was torn. Did I want to run back to him and apologize, spilling everything out? Or did I want to demand to know why he attacked? Deep down I knew. I knew that he could grow to hate me. But I refused the thought. So much so that I believed he was dead, just so that I wouldn't live with knowing that somewhere out there he was hating me.

But, did that really warrant the killing of others? They were innocent people. That's not the Arthur I know. No. He's gone. The only one living is Grey. I guess he never really died.

And if Arthur is dead, then I should honor him. I clenched my fist.

My teeth gritted as I now knew my new goal.

Putting Grey back in the grave.

THIRD PERSON (First attempt. Let me know your thoughts)

"Wait, Jenaka! Calm down!" Nathen yelled, equaling the pulling force she had, leaving the two in a standstill.

"Wait!? Wait?!" We can't wait, we need to-!" Nathen slapped his hand on Jenaka's mouth to silence her. "Let's just go back into the tent and-" Nahten was cut off by Seamus, the only voice of intelligence in the group.

"Would you idiots calm down? Let's just go on patrol like normal, we can talk without anyone hearing ok?" Seamus sighed. If he could, Seamus would knock their heads together

They got our stuff together, as long as the majority of our own stuff, which Seamus said to pack for his plan. Jenaka was too innocent to believe Seamus would do anything wrong. Nathen didn't know what his plan was except for the fact that his words were "once we do this we can't go back."

Once they had all of their stuff, all stored away quietly thanks to Nathen's giant storage ring Valen gave him, the trio left the camp, but not without being stopped by the guard.

"I assume you're going to look for Eleanor?" he asked. He was obviously worried. Michal was a kind guy who adored children. His family runs an orphanage back in Alacrya as such he is always worried. "Yes, and don't worry, we'll be back with her soon," Seamus answered, quickly squeezing through the doors. The other two behind him.

As not to make themselves look too suspicious, they simply walked out of the small valley. Once they were out of ears reach from Tim– a weird guy with strangely good ears who guarded the gate– we began to talk.

"Seamus, what are we doing?" Nathen questioned, not bothering to hide his dissatisfaction at the slow pace.

"Calm down would you? If Eleanor is truly a Dicathen then she'd be in no danger." he sighed annoyed. Seamus and Nathen have been friends since childhood and Nathen was always quick to move.

"To put it simply. We're going to do what she did. Pretend to be the enemy. Now I don't know about you two, but I don't want to be associated with Alacrya at all," Seamus' voice was cold, devoid of warmth.

"I'm ready! Ellie is my first girl friend! How can I just abandon her?" Jenaka waved a stick in the air. Her happy attitude lightened the mood, regardless of what the other two would admit.