Chapter 4

(A.N People were confused about Seth and the others. I've aged them to be the same age as Grey and Caera (twelve) )

CAERA DENOIR

I looked around at everyone who was staring at me. I just realized what I had said and how I dropped my cold persona. I didn't care about my persona anymore ever since I met Grey but it became second nature when out in public.

"Grey taught you? I thought you were trained by a Scythe?" asked Mayla. I had just met Mayla but she was kind and she didn't treat me like "Lady Caera," and I didn't discriminate against her because she wasn't a highblood so we became quick friends.

"No not really, I've been sparring with him for about 3 weeks and he's helped me a ton with my swordsmanship. It took me 4 days to land a hit on him, and I still haven't defeated him." I replied. I looked at Grey to make sure I didn't say too much but he just shrugged and motioned for Seth to train with him.

"Hey Mayla, this is a training period, do you want to spar now?" I asked her. "I'm not that great, could I learn some things from you?" " Mayla asked, excited.

"Sure, I don't see why not. I can't promise much though. Grey is probably better at teaching, you should ask him when you have the time," I replied, getting into position 5 meters in front of her. Once she attacked me I noticed that she punched quite poorly. I looked around to see everyone was doing just as bad as her.

"Ok, Mayla when you throw a punch twist your back leg so that your punch does damage." I then performed it for her to see and understand. Mayla copied my movements and I let her punch my hands.

"Much better," I said as she practiced her punches until the bell rang. "See you later Mayla," I called out as she left.

I left to go to my next class. It was my swordsmanship class next. Also the only class I didn't have with Grey. I was disappointed but there was nothing I could do. The classroom was an arena with seats at an elevated level all around.

Halfway during the class I almost fell asleep standing up. This professor was mediocre at best. He was good at swords, yes, but compared to Grey and Seris he was like a 4 year old fighting his master for the first time.

"Hello again Lady Caera, I ask that you watch my demonstration today."

I turned around to see the boy who introduced himself as Eujean last week. He was a typical spoiled blood who only wanted my body and the power my blood held.

Before I could say anything, Eujean was covered in water and was now wearing a banner that said, "I'm a Clive rip-off".

Everyone jumped back at the unexpected change. The teacher demanded to know what was going on. I knew what happened though. Grey probably froze time, conjured water above Eujean, put that banner on him, returned to his class and resumed time.

I didn't know who Clive was but it was clear he was similar to Eujean since Grey had that banner prepared. A few students broke down in laughter while the teachers freaked out, wondering what just happened. Since Grey doesn't leave mana signatures when he freezes time it's impossible for it to be connected to him.

"Stop laughing!" yelled Eujean, he was red with anger and embarrassment. The class was canceled because of the strange phenomenon. Once the class was over I made my way to the lunch hall. I looked for Grey but I couldn't find him. "He probably got lost. Serves him right," I thought as I sat down to eat.

***

After lunch, I made my way to "training for ascents." It's probably the most advanced class first years can take. I took it because I want to help Sevren with his research on aether. I don't know the exact reason Grey took it but it was probably because he wanted to fight something strong. I went in and sat down next to Grey. "Thanks for earlier," I whispered to Grey.