Chapter 3

CAERA DENOIR

I stared at Grey, waiting for his reaction. Although I haven't known him for long I know what kind of person he is. Probably because I feel that we're both similar in some ways. I knew that once school is over he'll run off to the relictombs, probably alone. Since you can spend days stuck in the relictombs it's the best way to stay with someone, but I wasn't going to tell Grey that until he promised me to let me come.

Grey put his hand on his chin like he was stroking a non-existent beard. "I don't see why not, you're pretty strong. You're probably one of the strongest people I know our age. I'm the strongest though." Grey said smugly.

"Well you have to train too. I can't leave you in the dust once I surpass you," I said playfully as Grey laughed at the thought of me surpassing him.

After Grey made his promise we fantasized about the relictombs until deep into the night.

***

I woke up to find my face in a book. I got up and looked around. I was in Grey's room. We had both fallen asleep on top of his bed after studying. I noticed I had a blanket on me and there were book's everywhere. "Grey must've put it on me," I thought.  Before Grey could wake up I ran to my room to get ready for the day.

Once I got out of the shower I barged into Grey's room only to find him still asleep. I tried to shake him awake but that did nothing. I then splashed him with water and he still didn't wake up. I then twisted his ankle while using mana. That got him up.

"AHHH!!" Grey yelled as he shot up. "What did you do that for?!"

"You wouldn't get up any other way. How is it that you can sleep so soundly?" I asked as he got up. "It's because I sleep to avoid demons like you," responded Grey as he got out of bed. I shook, "Does Grey know? No, if he knew he would tell me. He didn't really mean it." I thought as I struggled to keep myself composed. Grey doesn't know about my horns so it's still fine.

Unfortunately Grey noticed my condition, "Hey Caera, what's wrong? Are you ok? You don't look so well." he then put his hand on my forehead to check and see if I was sick.

I pushed his hand off, "No, I'm fine." I said switching to a happy demeanor. Grey had a concerned look on his face. "Should've known he could read me that easily. I'm having such a hard time keeping my cold persona around him. I'm glad he's my friend but he's a bit too perspective."

"So Caera, when is the first day of school?" Grey asked, not bringing up what just happened.

"Today next week, we probably should get your class' picked. Corbett probably has the documents you need" I replied. Grey looked at me confused when I called Corbett by his name and not dad but he didn't push it. "Right, I should probably pick classes on runes or something."

***

After Grey picked his courses I looked and saw we had mainly the same classes. We both had training for acscents, studying runes and melee enchantment class. The only thing we didn't have together was my swordsmanship class and Grey's artifact studying class.

It made sense why Grey didn't pick the swordsmanship class. I now wanted to change my class because I feel that training with Grey would be much more efficient but I couldn't since I had submitted mine already.

"Why did you pick melee enchantment class? You're already really good at fighting." I questioned Grey. "Well I needed to take another class and everything else wouldn't help me or interest me." Grey replied sitting down on the couch in my room.

Suddenly a thought came to mind. "What fake runes will you use? I know how you can use ton but you can only use a maximum of 7." I asked.

"Why seven?" Grey questioned. "Well, the bestowment ceremony happens once a year starting from when we're five. Since we're twelve we can only have a maximum of 7." I replied.