Chapter 10

Sorry for the unpunishing. Something was going wrong preventing me fro lm accessing my book.

GREY

I watched as Valen shot up from the small electrical shock. "Good morning, it's your turn," I told him as his face remained passive.

"I don't feel very refreshed, but you seem to be," teased Valen as he looked at me and Caera. I felt my face redden from his sudden comment.

"You both are very touched starved aren't you?" asked Valen.

"Mhmm," I mumbled before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

***

I woke up to everyone once again packing everything up. "Good morning, you've yet again done a perfect impression of a log," chuckled Caera.

"Haha, very funny," I said sarcastically.

We kept going through the maze with the traps becoming more frequent and the monsters have been getting stronger. Nothing we couldn't handle. I was annoyed by the lack of light and the fact that only Mayla and I were ranged attackers. We were lucky by the fact everything here --with the expectation of the 4 headed snake--was a melee fighter.

"Hey, what's that?" asked Seth as he pointed in front of us. I shot some fire forwards to reveal a huge double door. Unlike the plant ridden cracked stone that made up most of the maze, this door was in perfect condition. It had gold trimmings all around in a ton of fancy patterns. In the upper middle part of the door was a painted skull. Just under that was a painting that looked like a horse skeleton.

"What do you think those engravings mean?" asked Enola as she started to investigate the markings.

"I think it means it's a boss room," I said. Once again everyone looked at me weirdly. "Like do we need to fight a manager? Because I tried that once, it didn't go very well. I didn't even know it was possible to work 120 hours in a week but I somehow pulled it off." commented Mayla.

I laughed at Mayla's innocence's, "No, a boss is another word for a really strong monster that rules over an area. They existed back in the dungeons in Dicathen," I explained.

"So a really strong enemy, alright," said Caera as she prepared herself.

Once we got ready I pushed the door open to reveal a true monstrosity. What we saw was a skeleton horse coated in rusted metal armor. Instead of the reddish rust this rust was black and almost a liquid. It dripped off the armor and started to melt the ground. It had glowing red eyes that took us all in. On top of its back was a human skeleton. It was covered in old rags that made it look like a wanderer instead of a knight. Sticking into its back came multiple weapons that consisted of swords, halbers, longswords, arrows, spears and even a katana. In its right hand was a Zweihander that time had taken it's toll on. It looked like the horseman of death from the biblical prophecy of revelations.

"T-That's a boss?!?!" yelled Seth. Before I could answer, one of the weapons in the skeleton's back shot out and flew towards us. I blocked its attack while more flew at us. Mayla used her shotgun to shatter the weapon. The horse rushed us thrusting its sword at Caera. She brought her sword up to the side of her face and deflected it to the side, the swords sparked as they clashed.

Taking the opportunity I jumped to the side to attack the horse. I used fire to increase the speed and damage of my attack. My attack connected, causing the horse to jump back like a wolf would. The damage it took was instantly covered in that black liquid and soon the armor was repaired. Then more black liquid came from its back, creating more weapons.

"Well, this'll be fun," I commented. "Don't get too close, Mayla and Seth, take care of its flying weapons!" I ordered. "Valen! Stop it from healing! Enola, stop that thing from attacking! Caera! Help me take that thing down!"