XXII

Ashtray
Elora walked into my room, fiddling with her hands and staring at the ground. I look up and feel concerned. "You good?" I ask her. "We need to talk." She whispers. I feel my heart skip a few beats but I somehow manage to stay calm. "Uh... Okay." I say. I sit up and sit against my headboard and she walks over and sits at the end of my bed. We sit in silence for a few seconds. Her eyes dart around my room, trying to find the right words to say.

She exhales deeply and then looks down at the floor. "Listen Ashtray. I really really love you." She says and then stops to look up at the ceiling and huff. "Yeah?" I say trying to get her to talk.

"I just think that we need to break up. I know it sounds crazy but-" "What?!" I say loudly. "We've been through so much together and now you're just gonna abandon me? You're literally the only person I care about more than Fez. I would fucking die for you Elora. You can't fucking leave me like this." I say. My voice is cracking as tears sting at me eyes. "Listen it's not you. I just think that we're not good for eachother." She says. "You made me a better person. You made me realize life isn't actually shit and you made me feel better about everything. You were there for me when nobody else was. I love you. I need you Elora." I say as tears stream down my face.

"I'm sorry Ash. I have no choice." She says and looks me in the eyes for the first time. God, her beautiful eyes. My heart shatters and it gets hard to breathe. I feel every bit of myself drain from my body. Everything is gone. I have no reason to keep going.

She slowly stands up and starts walking out the door. She walks out the door and looks back at me before closing my door.

And then I jolt awake.