chapter thirty three

"Okay this is a cool story and all, but damage is done, you told your story, you can untie me now and live happily ever after." I sarcastically smiled.

"Oh no can do sweetheart." Chases voice spoke out.

"Oh my god, y'all are really starting to get on my nerves." I spat.

"Well your dadio got on my dads nerves too, like father like daughter."

My blood stopped cold. "What did you just say."

"Oh, you don't know?" He chuckled. "Your dad owed mine a lottt of money sweetheart."

"What are you talking about."

"Well I wouldn't expect you to know, your father never really did tell you anything did he."

Oh this fucking bitch.

"Can you just say what you're trying to say, I'm on a really tight schedule here." I forced a laugh.

"Baby." He called, "Would you like to explain to doll face over here why her daddy can't make it to her college grad."

My blood was almost at its boiling point. I couldn't do anything with my hands or legs so I spit in his face, hoping to get a fraction of my anger out.

His smile dropped. "Don't." He stepped closer to me. "Ever." I felt his hands enclose around my neck, suffocating the oxygen out of my lungs. "Do that again." He spat.

His grasp around my neck tightened. I wasn't going to let him see he was getting to me so with everything in me I forced a smile.

A maniacal one, but nonetheless a smile.

He furrowed his eyebrows and let go of me.

I coughed and coughed as the air finally rushed back into my lungs.

"Ariya. Tell her." He turned and walked away.

She rushed back into the light and stood in front of me.

"Well Nicole, your father wasn't the man he promised he would be, you see, he got himself into a lot of debt with Reno."

Reno was Chases father, but I don't see how this has anything to do with my father. Why would he be in debt.

"Oh I see I've lost you." She bent down so she was eye level with me. "Ole John was a gambler sweetie, he had a real problem, probably why he tried to make amends with his trash of children in the first place. He knew he owed Reno money, but what did he do? Run away."

She backed up and walked over to Chase putting her arms around his neck. "Now that's not very gracious of him." She kissed his neck. "Right baby."

He smiled lustfully down at her "Right. Very selfish. Which is why my dad took care of it."

My eyes started to feel the burn of built up tears but I couldn't let them fall.

"What are you saying." I replied as nonchalantly as I could.

"He ran him off the road of course. My dad runs a very tight ship here. He couldn't have rats and snakes in his tight knit group now could he? Well of course me and Ariya didn't want to miss out on all the fun, so we rode along. We saw the look of terror in his face when he noticed father dearest." He chuckled.

I looked over at Ariya who had a slight smile on her face but I could see it was faltered.

As it should be, how could she do this to me. How could she fucking do this to me. We have been attached at the hip for years, and it's all been a lie. Everything was a fucking lie.