chapter seventeen

After what felt like forever it was finally the weekend. Milo and I decided to work on professor Marianas project together, so I've been at his house quite a lot this week.

Professor Mariana definitely wasn't kidding when she said the the curriculum was going to get rigorous. I've never been so stressed about a class, of course I love the subject but that doesn't make the work any easier.

I was excited to finally let loose and have some fun this weekend. Things were finally starting to feel normal again. Ariya and I were starting to go back to our old selves and it was honestly a great feeling. I even decided to invite her to the lake with us today.

I woke up at 10 this morning which gave me two hours before Milo got here. I don't know how Milo and Ariya are going to act around each other but I hope it isn't awkward.

I chose to wear a regular black bikini, it wasn't too revealing, the bottoms covered a majority of my ass and the top was a bandeau. I decided to throw on light wash shorts and pair it with sandals.

My hair was in a bun and I was searching the house for my sun shades. Ariya was in the kitchen sitting on the bar stool. She had a white bikini on, hers was more cheeky than mine, with a spaghetti strapped top that tied around her neck. She wore her hair down and her face was bare like mine.

"He should be here soon." I spoke out.

She looked up from her phone and nodded at me.

"Have you seen my sunglasses."

She pointed to the middle of the kitchen table where my sunshades were sat in the center.

"Thank you hun."

I walked towards the table to get them when I was startled by a knocking at the door. I quickly grabbed my sunshades and opened the door to a very attractive Milo standing there. He was wearing black swim trunks with a black muscle tee that showed off his body underneath. "Hello gorgeous."

I shot a devious smile at him. "I need to grab my stuff then we can hit the road?" I questioned.

"Yeah, let me help."

"Milo it's just one bag." I grinned.

"Okay? Let me carry it."

I rolled my eyes and handed him my bag.

"Hey Ariya. You ready to go?" He looked around me to Ariya who was gathering some of her stuff into a bag of her own.

"Hell yeah. Let's go."

Thank god they were civil.

-

We arrived to the lake and Milo took us to a spot by a cliff where no one else was, besides his friends of course. There was a speaker blaring music and alcohol bottles sat in random places.

A tall skinny guy with brown fluffy hair was walking our way with a grin. "About time Milo."

"I had to pick up the ladies Cole." He gestured his hand torwards me and Ariya.

Coles eyes followed his arm to us. He picked up my hand, kissing it, then did the same to Ariya. "Nice to meet both of you." He grinned cheekily.

I returned his gesture with a smile, "Nice to meet you too." At this point Milo was shooting daggers at him.

He put his arm around my waist possessively, "Come on, let me introduce you to my other friends."

I was introduced to the following three boys besides Cole. They were named Finn, Josh, and Aiden. They all seemed super friendly and easy going. Aiden, the muscular blonde one with deep brown eyes kept checking Ariya out.