chapter four

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my annoying ass alarm going off. Groaning I rolled over and turned it off.

I am not a morning person, never have been and never will be, but at least with college I get to wake up when it's light outside and not at the crack of fucking dawn like in high school.

I was aware that I could schedule afternoon classes but I wanted to be able to make the most out of my days and by taking morning classes, I had that opportunity.

I tried my best to brush off the grogginess in my eyes and force myself up to shower and get ready. This was my first day and I wanted to look presentable, but the thought of putting on uncomfortable jeans for a two hour class made me cringe.

I went with the basic choice of grey sweats and black crop top. I paired it with my new Jordan's that I've been dying to wear ever since they arrived. I brushed my hair and headed out. I was not going to put makeup on, I already wasn't in the best mood.

It didn't take me too long to reach my destination, I parked in the schools parking lot and made my way to my first official college class.

I walked to the front doors of the university and pulled out my phone to see the map I previously screenshotted. My class was up 2 flights of stairs and I couldn't find the elevator.

"Great." I thought to myself.

I marched up the stairs and at last, I reached my class. I looked at the gold plated sign beside the door & sighed in relief.

Criminal Psychology.

I was beyond excited. I didn't know what to expect but I did know that a future in criminal psychology has been what I wanted since preschool. I do wish Ariya was with me in this class but her heart lyes in the medical field.

I took my first steps into the class room. It looks like I'm not the only one who had a passion for this career path because the room was filled with dozens of students. I made my way to a seat at the top away from everyone, the last thing I needed today was social interaction.

As I reached over to my bag to grab my journal I heard a familiar voice.

"Nicole?"

I turned my head dreadfully to the handsome tall man standing beside me.

Seriously? I look like a troll today.

"Milo?" I questioned, feigning a smile. "You're taking this class too?"

I'm such an idiot, of course he's taking this class that's why he's standing right in front of you right now.

He chucked. "Yeah! I've always found this topic interesting."

"Small world." I smiled. "Sit." I extended my arm to the seat next to me and moved my bag from out of the way.

"Thank you ma'am" He replied as he took his seat next to me.

His scent was intoxicating.

"What made you want to take this class?" He asked.

I was about to answer before I got distracted by all the young girls looking our way. Was he the college slut? Am I sitting by the college slut right now?

"Nicole?"

I shook myself out of my thoughts to bring my attention back to his question.

"Oh, Yeah, I'm sorry. I've always wanted to know what makes criminals do what they do, I think the mind is just an interesting subject, so now I'm here." I smiled

"Hmm, brains and beauty?"

Before I could reply the door slammed open and a woman who looked like she was in her mid 30's walked in. She was wearing a woman's dress suit and walked with confidence, her slick black hair was in a pony tail. The whole room was silent and all you could hear was the clicking of her shoes against the hard floor.

"Hi, I'm Professor Mariana. Welcome to the Intro Of Criminal Psychology. This class is rigorous and not for the lazy so if you're here because you think this may be an easy A I suggest you drop this class and never come back." Her voice was stern as was her demeanor.

I could hear students shuffling in their seats and exchanging whispers. I looked over to Milo who just gave me a smile and a shrug.

This was going to be a long year.

-

The class was finally over and Milo walked me out.

"She seems intense." He spoke

"Yeah, but I feel like women have to be or else they'll never be taken serious." I shrugged as we continued walking.

I could feel his eyes on me. "I guess I can add independent to the list of things I like about you."

He was this fine AND he wasn't a misogynist? There has to be something wrong with him that I'm not seeing.

"What? Not used to being complimented?" He eyed me, clearly noticing his effect on me.

"I'm usually only complimented by lowlifes and crackheads at the convenience stores."

"And what makes you think that I'm not a lowlife?"

He was right. I really had no idea who this guy was, which just made me want to get to know him even more.

"Are you? I mean I don't know much about you" I stopped walking and looked up at him.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." He returned my gaze and moved closer to me.

I looked around to see if anyone was watching my encounter but the halls were cleared out.

"Well what are we going to do about that?" I replied copying his movement and stepping closer to him.

His eyes moved all the way down my body, leaving me in shivers.

"I'll be at your house, tonight. 7 sharp. Be dressed."

"You don't even know where I live." I answered confusingly

"I asked your friend." he replied half way down the hall. "Wear a dress."

Fucking Ariya.