chapter fourteen

~Milos pov~

I haven't liked someone in so long but she was different. She was smart, beautiful, and funny. She wasn't shallow like all the other girls I have talked to in the past.

When I went to my guest bathroom the other day I noticed her crinkled up eyelashes in my empty trash can, and I couldn't help but laugh a little under my breath.

Supposedly those things are expensive and I just ruined them. For a good cause! But ruined them nonetheless. Maybe I could buy her some more, that would give me an excuse to see her today. She hasn't answered my goodmorning text yet, so maybe she is sleeping? Or busy. I don't know but I would like to see her smile today.

God what is even happening to me. I'll catch feelings if I keep going down this route.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the nearest Sephora. I'm pretty sure that's like the bad bitch place for women? I don't know.

-

I saw a petite blonde looking my way with an amused look on her face. "Sir do you need any help? You look a little lost." She laughed.

"Actually yes. Do you know where those eyelash things are?"

She shot me another amused look. "That's not much of a description." She smiled.

"You know the ones you stick to your real eyelashes."

Her face shifted from confusion to one of realization. "Much better." She led me to an isle full of them.

I thanked her and began my search.

They all look the same.

I saw one that was labeled butterfly and decided to get those. Who doesn't love butterflies. I pulled out my card to pay and almost audibly gasped at the price. They weren't kidding when they said these things are overpriced.

I kept it in the tiny Sephora bag as I drove to a floral shop to grab her some flowers. I had this feeling she was mad at me. I don't know what she would be mad at me for, but my mind always convinces me of things that aren't true.

I walked into the cute little shop and the overwhelming smell of flowers smacked me in the face.

At the counter was an old man wearing a bowler hat. He greeted me with a soft smile. "Is there anything I can help you with young man?"

I returned the smile and walked towards the man. "What are your prettiest red flowers?"

I had a feeling her favorite color was red because she always wears it and I noticed a lot of the stuff she has is red. Even the little things, like some of her keychains.

I'm not a stalker, just observant.

The man led me down a little pathway to a room that was filled with red flowers.

I was deciding if I should go the basic route with roses or get something more unique.

After careful consideration and the opinion of my new friend Tim, I decided to go with red dahlias.

Tim rang me up and I was on my way. I stopped at a coffee shop and ordered a regular vanilla iced coffee. I was going out on a limb here.

I arrived in the car parking lot and decided to call Nicole on my way up but she didn't answer. It went straight to voicemail. Maybe her phones dead?

I got to the door and mustered up the courage to knock, but it wasn't Nicole who opened the door. It was Ariya.

She was still in her pajamas, a glass of wine in her hand and her hair was a in a bun. She eyed all the supplies in my hands.

"Oh, what's up Milo. Nicole isn't here."

My excitement quickly drained at those words.

"Really? Damn, where is she?"

Ariya smiled. "She went to her moms for the weekend but she's supposed to be back by this evening."

That explains why she wasn't answering, probably no service.

She opened the door wider and waved her hand at me to come inside.

"She's going to love that!" Ariya snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I haven't spoke to her in a few days so I thought I'd swing by and surprise her but I guess that's ruined." I frowned.

Ariya was in the kitchen getting herself another glass of wine.

"Well she should be back in a few hours if you want to redo everything." She eyed me amusedly. Her lips twisting into a smirk.

"But then the coffee would be ruined." I dragged out the 'd' pouting like a child.

"Just put it in the fridge and I'll give it to you before she gets here."

Ariya was now sitting on top of the counter in criss cross position sipping on her wine.

"Would you like some?"

I agreed because why not. Maybe I could just wait here for her.

She went to the cabinet and grabbed me a glass, her brows furrowed as she looked in the fridge. She pulled out the wine bottle which had a drop left.

"Oops." She eyed the bottle. "No need to fear, I have another bottle in my room!" She stumbled off the cabinet and to her room.

"DAMN IT" I heard Ariya yell faintly after a few minutes.

I walked to her door with a smirk to see what was going on. "Everything good in here?"

She popped her head up from underneath the bed. "Oh, my bad. Yes I just stubbed my toe."

She sat on the edge of her bed, toying with the cap of the wine. "Can you help me with this?"

I chuckled amusedly and sat next to her on the bed taking the bottle from her hands.

"You know, Nicole is really lucky to have you."

I popped open the wine handing it to her. "I mean we aren't together in that way, but I hope that will change soon."

Ariya ignored my statement, just pouring the red liquid into a second wine glass.

"Yeah you really are kind of perfect, I can see the appeal."

She sat the wine down on the floor instead of handing it to me.

"I've never had a man like you in my life." She sighed. "I have to admit I'm kind of jealous." She looked up at me with a devilish smirk.

She leaned closer to my face and next thing I knew she had a hold of my hair and was kissing me.

I can taste the wine on her lips, she's drunk. I should've just left instead of being nice, but I was looking forward to seeing her too much.

I was backing away, I didn't want to let her get another milisecond in, but then I heard the door open.

There stood Nicole, the girl I couldn't get off of my mind all weekend. She was backing up and I don't think I will ever forget the look on her face in that very moment.

"Nicole wait!"

A/N
did anyone think milo was innocent ? 😭