chapter two

As soon as I walked through the door I was met with the smell of alcohol. It was like getting punched in the face by vodka. I looked over at Ariya who still had the biggest smile on her face.

"Wow" I sighed. "Well it's definitely a party". I looked over at Ariya for a reply but she was already half way across the room getting a drink.

This bitch.

I made my way through the crowd, constantly running into someone else, to reach her, "Ariya, what the hell, I started talking to myself." I whisper yelled as she was downing her first mixed drink.

"I'm sorry, I got excited." she shrugged, talking in between sips.

"Well, are you going to make me one?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"You don't have to ask me twice" she cheered as she made my favorite drink, malibu and coke. I thanked her as she handed me my poison. We walked hand in hand towards the backyard where all the commotion seemed to be at the moment.

When we arrived to the back, there was music booming from every speaker in sight and people jumping from the roof into the pool. One of the guys I spotted in the water was looking my way.

"Ariya!" I nudged my best friend, "I think that guy is checking you out.

"What guy?" she said confused, looking around until she spotted him.

"What? Nicole no, he is definitely looking at you."

I wasn't complaining because he was really hot. I just wasn't used to having someone look at me while I had her standing next to me. He had tan skin and fluffy black hair. He definitely worked out or something of the sort because his body was perfectly carved, his arm filled with tattoos. He was all around a handsome guy.

"Hey nicole, you're staring." Ariya giggled in my ear.

I quickly snapped out of my gaze and turned my attention to Ariya. "I was not." I nudged her shoulder.

"You so were, but I'm in the mood for another drink so come with?" She asked me.

"You already know the answer to that."

I turned and gave one last glance to the handsome stranger before I followed Ariya into the kitchen for round 2.

.•° ✿ °•.

"Ariya." I groaned "Can we please sit down my feet are killing me and you've been dragging me all over the place."  We had been there for at least an hour and a half by now.

Ariya rolled her eyes at me and led me to the nearest couch.

"Oh thank god."

I had to admit I was having fun, the people here were tolerable for the most part and anything I do with Ariya is guaranteed to be an experience, that's for sure.

We weren't sitting down for long before a handsome frat boy came to Ariyas rescue and asked her to dance with him. I gave her the go ahead and with that she disappeared into the crowd.

With no company I decided to finally check my snapchat. I had tons of messages, this is what happens when you lose the motivation to even reply to people.

I was done with snapchat and decided to just scroll through my instagram feed, that was, until I felt someone sit down next to me.

"Finally" I looked up.

Except this was definitely not Ariya. This was the stranger I was full on staring at in the backyard. He was now fully clothed but that didn't make him any less distracting. I could now see the deep brown color of his eyes.

Oh how I was a slut for brown eyes.

"Oh, you are not Ariya" I claimed.

The man laughed, showcasing his perfect teeth. "Close. My name is Milo."

"Well nice to meet you Milo, what brings you over here." I leaned back in my seat

"You looked like you could use some company." he replied.

"Well you aren't wrong" I laughed. "My friend is somewhere in this place. Not sure where, but she can take care of herself."

Which was 100% correct. Ariya took pepper spray and a taser everywhere she went, especially to new places.

Me? I leaned towards the more lethal weapons...but to each their own.

Milo leaned back in his seat, his arms spread the length of the couch.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

"I'm guessing the same goes for you?" he replied

I scooted closer to Milo and opened my purse revealing a hand gun along with pepper spray. "I guess you could say that."

Milo slowly eyed me up and down while wetting his lips. "Impressive."

Here I was thinking that me showing him that I have a deadly weapon in my purse would scare him off, but he was turned on by it? Which made him even hotter to me to be honest.

"You think so?" I whispered back into his ear while setting my hand on his thigh. I could tell this made him nervous by the way he eyed my hand and shifted in his seat.

This was definitely a bold move for me, but I had an unhealthy amount of alcohol raging through my system at the moment so it's safe to say that I didn't care.

"Easy there, I don't even know your name." Milo replied looking flustered.

"Nicole." I reached out my hand for him to shake, kind of disappointed in the change of action. Right then I felt a presence behind me.

It was Ariya, she looked way more drunk than me and this was my sign that we should probably head home.

.•° ✿ °•.

A/N i hope y'all are enjoying so far and continue to give this story a chance <3