chapter three

"Ariya!" I exclaimed. "This is Milo."

She gave me an approving look and held out her hand for him to shake. "Hi." was all she said as he returned her hand shake.

"Nicole, we need to go. I drank too much and now I'm starting to see two of you." I laughed at her and said my goodbyes to Milo.

"I guess I'll see you around?" I waved. Milo looked me up and down making my whole body want to stay even though I had been wanting to leave for hours.

"Bye Nicole." He replied and walked to where his friends were.

You didn't answer the question bitch.

I returned my gaze back to Ariya who was now sitting where I was a few minutes ago sleeping.

"ARIYA!" I shook her shoulder. She woke up startled and looked around. "Oh shit."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed her by the wrist and led her out of the filthy house.

"I guess we will be calling an uber."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

When I opened my eyes I felt a pounding headache and my stomach churning. I wanted to just go back to sleep and forget the pain but I knew it was probably already late.

I reluctantly rolled over and grabbed my phone.

It was 12:30.

Damnit, I knew it was late. I soon forgot about the late time when I looked down at a notification from instagram that said I had a new follower:

milogray started following you

Did he really look me up? He didn't even know my last name. I shook it off and followed him back as I got up to brush my teeth and take a shower.

When I got out of the shower, I headed to the living room to see if Ariya was awake, and she was. She was sitting on the couch criss cross with a coffee in her hand watching the office.

"Good morning sunshine." I told her.

She looked up with a smile on her face. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby."

She laughed, "Me and you both."

"Rough night."

"Tell me about it." She got up and paused her show. "Do you want to go get lunch? I was thinking we could go to the park and have a little picnic."

I know some food and sunlight could do me some good but I also just wanted to stay in my bed all day and binge watch Criminal Minds.

"Okay, I guess some fresh air could help with this headache. Let me go get dressed."

"Yay!" she squealed and headed to her room to do the same.

We both walked out around the same time and I grabbed my keys. We still had to go and pick up her car from the frat house. I had a cute little red Mazda that I had finally been able to buy around 2 years ago.

"Your car?" Ariya asked noticing I had picked up my keys.

"Yes Ariya, we had to uber last night." I laughed

A surprised expression was left on her face as she tried to gather her thoughts. "Oh yeah!"

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

We decided to stop by Subway for lunch because we were both craving sandwiches. Although Subway isn't our first choice it was the closest to us and the park we wanted to go to.

When we arrived to the park there wasn't many people and the weather outside was the perfect temperature. The warm air flowed through my hair and the sun peaked in and out from behind the clouds. We walked over to the nearest table and sat down.

"I love this place." I exclaimed.

"Me too, the parks here are so much better than the ones at our hometown."

I shuddered at the mere thought of that place. "Ew, I'm glad we left. I don't plan on ever going back to that town."

She let out a laugh and nodded in agreement. "You're so dramatic, but can we talk about what I witnessed last night?" She smirked.

I threw my napkin at her. "How do you even remember last night."

"I was drunk off my ass Nicole, but not blacked out." she threw the napkin back at me. "So tell me everything."

"Nothing too crazy happened, he just came and sat by me a few minutes after you left and we talked."

She was eyeing me, "Just talked? Boring." She dragged out the 'g'.

"Oh shut up." I replied smiling. "What about you? What did you do with that frat guy?"

I noticed her mood shift.

Did he do something to her? I'll kill him.

"Did he hurt you? Ariya if he hurt you I swear to-"

"Nicole! He didn't hurt me, I could just tell he wanted to." She shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her drink.

My body filled with rage. This is why I hate going to parties, men always think they're entitled to do whatever they want with the drunk girls all around them. It disgust me. I should kill him. Who knows how many girls he's hurt in the past?

"Nicole, I know what you're thinking and the answers no"

"Hey now, I do not always resort to violence." I replied defensively holding my hands up.

"Oh really, so you didn't pistol whip that one guy at the last party who grabbed my ass?"

"He was taking it too far." I replied shrugging my shoulders as I took a bite of my sandwich.

Who even knows how many other girls he harassed that night. I saw it as an act of community service.

"I love you." she laughed "So ready to go? We have our first college classes tomorrow."

"Yeah. It's getting kind of hot out anyways."

We threw away our trash and headed home.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

A/N i know this was boring but it's a filler
chapter, excitement is coming soon i promise 😭