18 - END that STARTS

Room full of people counting on Anu, her rival sitting opposite to her, her love sitting to the side, made her nervous to the point where she forgot what her name was.

The higher officials' entry made everyone stand.

After taking the seat, the judge ran his eyes to the plaintiff side and accused side.

The judge had a judgemental look and had a smirk looking at Anu and Gautham working on this case.

Judge's thoughts were obvious for everyone in the room who are aware of the rivalry Anu and Gautham share but for Anu, there was only thought that was on loop. That is, is it right for her to defend a lie?

Six years ago, the same mistake of hers killed a couple and made a child love deprived and now, no matter how much love and warmth she showers on Vikram, he is still the kid who lost his parents because of Anu.

She looked at Aditya and was wondering if he really meant all those bitter words a few minutes ago.

It literally took seconds for Aditya to realize that Anu was staring at him and their eyes met again. After taking a deep breath, "What if I fail to get you out of this?" She asked which was not the right moment.

They didn't have time to have their own conversation as the formal opening statement by the judge was recited and the case began.

The case commenced with the plaintiff giving their statement.

Gautham rose up with a cool posture and unbuckled the button of his blazer.

"Awww...!" all his fans exclaimed. None of them were loud but collectively, it sounded great and that one sound made everyone turn around.

Gautham waved at them as if he was a celebrity.

When he turned back he saw the judge being disgusted by him acting like a marvel superhero.

Dropping the smile at once, "My apologies!" He said.

This wasn't something new for the court and Anu.

Aditya, who was shocked and jealous at the same time, said, "He has more fans than I do. I guess".

Anu was lowkey proud about it.

Gautham started giving his statement. "Your honor, my client, Mr. Shravan's sister, Mrs. Roshini has been brutally murdered. The autopsy reports state that she has been drugged and physically abused," he gave the reports.

"She has been physically tortured till her last breath to that point where she would have begged to end her life," after a pause, "We have no idea what she has been through," all of a sudden he was on the emotional board.

That one statement almost influenced everyone in the hall, including Anu. She thought she was betraying the poor soul.

Anu bent her head down as she was ashamed of the fact that she was defending someone who cares nothing about the law and someone who has no humanity.

Gautham continued saying, "Your honor, the entire case revolves around the question if he was in India on 25th of February?" After a pause, "If this is what the question is... then yes, he was in India," he pushed Anu onto the other side who was in a dilemma whether to stick to the case or get over it.

Anu trusted the evidence she collected but her mind didn't let her to deny Gautham as he too never chose a wrong path.

Concluding that someone is guilty just by checking if he was in that region during the crime or not was stupidity and everyone was aware of it but questioning Gautham''s evidences is the most stupid thing one can ever do. That's how sure and objective he is!