15 - D-Day

Sitting at the corner table, placing a book just to pretend as if they came to read and covering their face with masks, Lavanya and Aditya finally met in spite of Lavanya hating the fact that her sleep was disturbed.

Inaudible whispers getting into those ears of theirs while eyes were having their own battle. Lavanya pierced his sensitive soul with a fierce look of hers and Aditya defended himself with a puppy look of his, the usual library was not just as usual.

Letting her ego down, she said, "How long are you planning to just stare at – "

Aditya interrupted her halfway. "Is Anu married?" He was on point not beating around the bush.

"What?" Lavanya was surprised and disappointed at the same time to know the reason for calling her.

She continued saying, "Is this why you called me? … I can't believe this, Aditya!" She leaned back and pushed her hair back in disbelief.

Aditya said, "The faster you answer my questions, the faster we get out of - I mean, the faster you get to go back to your lovely sleep".

Lavanya was not sure if he was being considerate or sarcastic. However, she decided to answer him and leave as soon as possible because holding on to unnecessary arguments does nothing good.

"She is not," she was cool and composed in spite of the mess Aditya was making.

"Then where did that son come from?" Was Aditya's next question.

Lavanya was as equally shocked as Anu. She had the same reaction as her best friend. Ignoring the fact that she is playing mind games with her friend, Lavanya really does love her.

"If I could kill someone not caring if I end up in the prison or not, it'd definitely be you Mr.Vikramaditya," she said the same thing as Anu but an advanced version of it.

"No doubt you guys are best friends," he whispered, which was too subtle to hear.

He thought he owed an explanation. At Least to Lavanya. "See, I didn't mean it that way. I know I sound wrong and I am not supposed to raise a question about something like this but… but - it's just the curiosity you know".

Though his explanation was too short to understand his motives, she believed him and started the flashback. "So, Vikram is – "

She was interrupted by the irritating friend of hers. "It's Vikramaditya," he corrected her as he was proud of the fact that they share the same name.

Lavanya sighed heavily. She was so done with the childish attitude of Aditya. She started giving him a vague reason. "Okay, so, Vikramaditya is a 10 year old kid who loves his parents a lot. He grew up – "

"What. The. F… lower!" He was reminded by the place they were in and the image he carries. He further said, "Talk some sense, dear".

Looking at how serious he was, Lavanya thought of letting him know what exactly happened and they ended up talking for two hours.

"... And that is how she became the mother of Vikram," she concluded.

"Vikramaditya," he corrected her again.

"Whatever!" She said, irritated by him being objective.

Though she was irritated by explaining every detail to him when she actually was sleep deprived, she didn't miss any point. Not even a single point!

She wanted him to know what kind of girl he rejected and what a fool he was to do such. She further said, "Many of them judged her, looked down on her but nothing mattered to her, Aditya. And you know what stopped her from getting married?"